Are you looking for a new and exciting career opportunity?
Join our award-winning organization and work with some of the most talented minds within our Enterprise Technology and Innovation teams. As a Salient CRGT employee, you get to be part of a best performing team supporting our nation s most critical missions.
Why Salient CRGT ?
We re passionate about the inspirational missions of our customers and we entrust our employees and teams to deliver exceptional performance to enable the safety, security, health and well-being of our nation. We provide the tools and resources to help you be successful, and our culture fosters an environment in which idea sharing and collaboration is essential. Are you ready to make a difference?
AWS Solution Engineer
Salient CRGT has an opening for a senior technical member of an Enterprise Architecture team at our client site in Washington, D.C., to create blueprints for core foundational components of a major cloud initiative. This role will be primarily responsible for designing a fully functioning AWS cloud offering and developing multiple application and data solutions within this environment. This is part of a long-term, multi-tenant, hybrid cloud solution representing the future-state of the Judiciary s enterprise architecture.
The AWS Solution Engineer will work closely with key technical and business stakeholders via the Agile Scrum process to accomplish these goals and will document critical design and configuration details. They will be expected to function as part of a matrixed team including federal employees, contractor staff, and external consultants.
- Design a hybrid cloud infrastructure, with a focus on AWS using industry best practices
- Document architectural and design inputs for network connectivity and security
- Work with product owner, system owner, business owner, and business analyst to draft
- solutions for a variety of business use-cases including infrastructure, application, and data layers employing IaaS and PaaS services
- Employ principles of AWS well-architected framework to build secure, reliable, highly-available, scalable, and cost-effective solutions
- Incorporate open-source and COTS software into architectural plans as appropriate
- Advise the lead Enterprise Architect on all matters related to AWS commercial cloud
- Present and defend architectural recommendations to the Architecture Review Board, CTO, and other key leaders and stakeholders and participate in design reviews
- Other duties as assigned that have technical relevance to the task
- Knowledge of FedRAMP and government cloud security controls
- Comfortable diagnosing and troubleshooting problems, performing root cause analysis
- Ability to understand security controls and speak the language with security teams
- Comfort in speaking with non-technical groups about requirements and planning
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of datacenter architecture and design including networking, SANs, and HA/DR all with an understanding of integrating within a Cloud Computing Reference Architecture
- Fluency with schematics, flowcharts, graphs and standard design tools
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or equivalent technology discipline and/or equivalent related implementation experience in lieu of degree
- 5+ years of experience with AWS cloud services including IaaS and PaaS offerings
- Demonstrated design and implementation experience of FedRAMP compliant environments within commercial cloud environments
- Implementation of hybrid cloud solution with an on-premise private government cloud environment
- Understanding and contribution to enterprise and solution architecture including network, security, application, etc. with a system engineering view
- Familiarity with VMware technologies
- AWS certifications (preferred)