AWS Solutions Architect must have advanced knowledge AWS services, migrations and implementations. They must be able to complete a portfolio discovery and develop assessment criteria to define potential requirements to successfully establish business goals. They will be setting and driving the standards and requirements for an AWS overall architectural vision. They will work closely with the enterprise architects across the organization as trusted technical and process security advisors, and within the team as mentors who guide and align the various teams toward a unified vision of systems required to support the team's AWS needs. Duties:
Tasks include: Portfolio Discovery and Planning
- Certification: AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional (required)
- Minimum 8 - 10 years' experience with AWS, or Google Cloud Platforms
- Minimum of 3 year cloud computing experience
- Evaluating current enterprise operations model, functions, and organization
- Experience with developing technical roadmaps for future AWS cloud migration and implementations.
- Determining and documenting a future-state operations model, function, and organization
- Collaborate with system architects, software architects, design analysts, and others to understand business or industry requirements.
- Assessing new operational accountabilities and provide an outline of a responsible, accountable, consulted, and informed (RACI) matrix with input recommendations
- Prior experience in completing and implementing system additions and/or enhancements and make recommendations to agency/clients.
- Understanding of application, server, and network security
- Data Presentation
• Develop portfolio scoring system based on business and technology drivers • Collect business drivers that impact portfolio prioritization • Validate scoring system with our project leads and sponsor • Score the portfolio, creating a prioritized schedule of migration groups for the initial migration • Collect third-party portfolio data to provide recommendations for solutions from AWS Marketplace • Identifying technology contributors and constraints that impact application migration Presentation Workshop:
Present information around AWS Security Services including; VPC, Network Security, IAM, Encryption and Data Protection, Security Automation, Choosing security controls and incident response.
- Communicate the AWS Shared Responsibility Model at a practical level, provide a deep dive into the AWS Shared Security model, and explore the possible ways in which they may design the AWS Services to help increase application and network security.
- Provide information on managing company compliance on AWS Services, and explore examples that detail the security lifecycle of a workload migration specific to team.
- Present information on how to describe team responsibilities, AWS's responsibilities, explain AWS security features, and provide general best practices regarding the design of cloud-based controls for securing workloads on AWS Services.