WANTED: A growth-oriented, Top Secret/SCI - cleared AWS SysOps Engineer who is ready for their next career chapter!
As a AWS SysOps Engineer you will:
- Support one of the key agencies in the Intelligence Community
- Enjoy exposure to variety of IT avenues such as implementing a Cloud Migration Plan, implementing virtual IT support to remote locations and refreshing and sustaining existing systems and networks.
- Make an immediate impact by putting to work your knowledge, skills and experience.
- Be a part of a close team of mission-driven, highly skilled, dedicated professionals working on National Priority programs.
- Receive robust benefits package that includes Employee Stock Ownership Plan!
- Become a part of an empowered accountability culture where each employee-owner has a meaningful stake in the future success and growth of the company.
On any given day, you will be doing one, or all, of these things:
- Install, configure, maintain, and migrate computer and network operating system and application software in an on-premises hybrid and cloud environments
- Design and implement a dynamic cloud-based architecture to support multi-tiered applications, services, and database systems
- Create a management plan to guide operations and activities associated with the deployed environments and resources
- Support design and implement cloud backup/disaster recovery solutions
- Support the installation, integration, and management of applications and systems using cloud infrastructure tools
- Provide technical support, troubleshooting, and complex problem resolution
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a government services contractor focused on delivering Strategic Solutions to complex national priority programs with 100+ locations worldwide. Our employee-owners are encouraged to make a difference, implement new ideas in a collaborative environment, and focus on mission critical success. Through our focus on quality, strong cultural beliefs and innovation we deliver excellence every day. Join us!
AWARDED BEST OF THE BEST by U.S. Veterans Magazine, "BEST FOR VETS" by Military Times, and TOP 10 MILITARY FRIENDLY EMPLOYER by MilitaryFriendly.com. We are an official Virginia Values Veterans certified company.
A strong candidate for this role looks like this:
Possess cloud related certifications such as AWS Certified Solutions Architect, SysOps Administrator, or Developer Microsoft Windows Systems administration with Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, etc. Ability to work well independently and in a collaborative team environment Working knowledge of virtualization and cloud platforms, services, architectures/ designs, and best practices Hands-on experience with public, private, and/or hybrid cloud capabilities
- VMware Certification or related certification
- Experience performing VMware systems administration
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to translate complicated technical issues for a non-technical audience
- Microsoft SQL installation, configuration and maintenance
- Implement Group Policy Objects (GPO), apply DISA STIGs, administer ePO and ACAS implementations
- Utilize deployment and process automation capabilities (scripts, applications, platforms, APIs) to ensure processes are defined, repeatable, scalable, and able to be disseminated for wider utilization; may include capabilities such as Ansible, PowerShell, Python, Puppet, Chef, and Salt
- Experience configuring and deploying Microsoft Windows servers using Windows Deployment Services, VMware templates, and Cloud Service Provider user interfaces
- Experience implementing and supporting enterprise system monitoring tools
- Experience with Windows scripting language (PowerShell or VBScript)
0 - 10%