DMI is a global professional services company that specializes in digital strategy, design, transformation, and support. More than your basic systems integrator or big-box advisor, we are a new breed of partner that blends human-centric consulting and design with agile engineering, delivery, and global scale. We believe that digital transformation is an end-to-endless evolutionary process that requires technology solutions and partners that meet organizations where they are. Consultants at the core, DMI has been delivering mission-critical, enterprise-grade solutions since 2002 for more than a hundred Fortune 1,000 enterprises, various state and local government agencies, and all fifteen U.S. federal departments. DMI has grown to 2,100+ employees globally and has been continually recognized by top industry analysts as well as a Top Workplace in the USA and Remote.
DMInc.com | Careers | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook About the Opportunity
DMI is seeking a full time AWS Web Architect.
As an AWS Web Architect, you'll be designing and creating AWS web-based solutions using best-in-class cloud technologies to solve our clients' challenges. You'll tap into your extensive experience to take a central role in the planning and construction of intuitive web-based applications. Along the way, you will rapidly augment your existing experiences with additional experience across industries and disciplines. You won't be focused on one technology or application layer. Rather, you'll be an invaluable asset to your team by taking responsibility for the overall application, guiding team members along the development path, and developing across all layers of client solutions.
Eager to learn new technologies, earn a certification, and grow your skills? We wouldn't have it any other way. Here at DMI, we emphasize skills cultivation, achievement recognition, and employee engagement. You will be encouraged to try new technologies and step into a new role with the support of an outstanding community of developers and architects. Your Responsibilities
- Coaching and mentoring fellow team members
- Leading application development efforts
- Coding, debugging, and supporting cloud-based applications
- Designing application architecture
- Owning the successful delivery of cloud native solutions
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- 8+ years of experience as a software engineer and/or architect including experience leading development teams
- Considerable experience leading global development teams
- Experience working with teams distributed across significant time zone differences
- Deep Agile experience with distributed teams
- Deep experience applying design patterns in Angular 5+/TypeScript, Vue, React, or similar
- Established experience in Node.js
- Proficient in object-oriented development and design patterns
- Experience designing and implementing solutions using Serverless and PaaS-based approaches within the AWS cloud platform
- Experienced utilizing various AWS services such as: EC2, ELB, RDS, API Gateway, DynamoDB, AWS Lambda, Athena, S3, and CDN.
- Proficient in the review of source code
- Proven ability to design and develop microservices and their supporting structures
- Proficient in the art of Git-based source control
- Established understanding of Test-Driven development, unit testing, and clean code
- Worked with tools such as Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Jira, Bitbucket, or similar.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, strong work ethic, self-motivated and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively work both autonomously as well as on a team
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect
- Ability to ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) experience
- Experience in project technical estimation, component breakdown, and cross application communication
- Solid understanding of testing tools such as Karma, Jest, Protractor, Jasmine, and Mocha
- Experience using build tools like Grunt, Gulp, Webpack, Bower, or similar
Indianapolis, IN Working at DMI
DMI is a diverse, prosperous and rewarding place to work. Being part of the DMI family means we care about your wellbeing. As such, we offer a variety of perks and benefits that help met various interests and needs, while still having the opportunity to work directly with a number of our award winning, Fortune 1000 clients. The following categories make up your DMI wellbeing:
- Community - Blood drives, volunteering opportunities, Holiday parties, summer picnics, Tech Chef, Octoberfest just to name a few ways DMI comes together as a community
- Convenience/Concierge - Virtual visits through health insurance, pet insurance, commuter benefits, discount tickets for movies, travel and many other items to provide convenience
- Development - Annual Performance management, continuing education and tuition assistance, internal job opportunities along with career enrichment and advancement to help each employee with their professional and personal development
- Financial - Generous 401k match for both pre-tax and post-tax (ROTH) contributions along with financial wellness education, EAP, Life Insurance and Disability help provide financial stability for each DMI employee
- Recognition - Great achievements do not go unnoticed by DMI through Annual Awards ceremony, service anniversaries, peer-to-peer acknowledgement through Give-A-Wow, employee referral bonuses.
- Wellness - Healthcare benefits, Wellness programs, Flu Shots, Biometric screenings, on-site lactation rooms provide employees with several wellness options
Employees are valued for their talents and contributions. We all take pride in helping our customers achieve their goals, which in turn contributes to the overall success of the company. The company does and will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, and to treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status. DMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Veterans/Disability. DMI maintains a drug-free workplace.
***************** No Agencies Please *****************
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US citizenship may be required for some positions.