Kforce has a client immediately looking for an experienced Accessibility Product Engineer to join our Accessibility team in Round Rock, TX. You will be a key player in driving awareness for accessibility through inclusive design across the organization, helping innovate and develop processes and solutions for accessibility.
As a Product Engineer you will partner with developers, product managers and business partners to create experiences connecting people to technologies that transform the way we all work and live. You will work in a pair programming environment to assist other teams in making their products more accessible. The work involves multiple technologies from all lines of business. It is expected that multiple programming languages will be used to match that of legacy application being transformed to leverage cloud native platforms (Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, Vault) while leveraging 12 factor principals.
The Accessibility Team will collaborate with the teams across the company to establish new policies for Accessibility while driving inclusive design and customer-focused outcomes. The team will be responsible for delivering guidelines and training for the IT organization. They will operate as the subject matter experts on Accessibility and offer consultant services to the broader organization. This team will partner with product teams across the company to bring awareness of accessibility into product development while continuing innovation specific to automation and testing to help the CICD process.
Your Responsibilities Include:
* Driving accessibility into products through inclusive design, awareness, and innovation
* Provide technical expertise and leadership to develop integration solutions panning business processes, operating systems, applications and hardware platforms
* Translate business needs into technical requirements
* 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related fields; or 6+ years of related experience with a Master's degree
* Experience with WCAG 2.1
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Technical background, with experience in TFS, SAFE and Agile methodology
* Excellent teamwork skills
* Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
You have expertise in one of the following skills, are strong in two more and capable in 2 others:
* WCAG 2.1
* Inclusive Design
* Quantitative Research and Analysis
* Writing and documentation
* Information Architecture
* Experience applying Test Driven Development in a pairing environment
* Knowledge of lean concepts within a manufacturing or software context
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.