Account Executive - Alliances Virtustream, a Dell Technologies business, is the enterprise-class cloud company that is trusted by organizations worldwide to migrate and run their mission-critical applications in the cloud. For enterprises, service providers and government agencies, Virtustream-s xStream- Management Platform and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) meets the security, compliance, performance, efficiency and consumption-based billing requirements of complex production applications in the cloud - whether private, public or hybrid.
Growth is fueling the need to expand our Strategic Alliance team! We are looking for passionate, top performing channel and alliance professionals who will be responsible for driving results from existing partner relationships as well as building new ones. Our partner team thrives on quantitative results derived from demand generation work executed at the partner field level.
The successful candidate will get to build and mature partnerships for one of the hottest cloud companies in the enterprise space, selling a truly differentiated solution to the fortune 1000 and large government, state and local agencies. OEM, system integrator, value added reseller and agent referrals are driving our growth and the Partner Alliance team is forming and expanding relationships with them all. We are seeking highly driven, experienced professionals who thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and have a proven track record of delivering measurable results in the channel. Preference will be given to candidates with a verifiable track record of delivering partner success in the fields of enterprise software applications; network, storage and/or hardware solutions; or professional or cloud services.
Alternative path consumption experience from an OEM perspective is very valuable. An established network and rolodex for software/technology partners and customers is a plus. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
QUALIFICATIONS - KNOWLEDGE - SKILLS:
- Responsible for driving sales activation/enablement for Virtustream, drive strategic account planning with Virtustream and coordinate across Dell Technologies core and Virtustream specialist sales team
- Primary metrics of success for BDM role is pipeline generation through Dell Technologies, participation rate and net new buyers.
- Be comfortable with and embrace an annual -sell through and sell with- sales quota with quarterly targets
- Successfully represent a product portfolio that includes enterprise cloud migration, cloud management, and enterprise risk & compliance management solutions
- Take ownership and expand a partner account portfolio that could contain OEM, VAR, SI and/or referral partners. Establish and maintain sales cadence with the partner field account teams and direct customers
- Master Virtustream product portfolio features, advantages and benefits. Be able explain the capabilities of both software and services offerings, effectively communicating the benefit to the partner and the end customer
- Develop and implement strategic project plans to meet business goals of partners in a defined territory or assignment
- Work with the partners to match the Virtustream solution to the customer-s business needs, challenges, and technical requirements
- Develop a collaborative account plan and enable channel partners to be an extension of the Virtustream sales force
- Set goals and develop metrics for partner channel adoption & usage. Monitor and report accomplishment on a regular cadence
- Develop and implement strategic project plans with partners and Virtustream-s technical staff to develop account penetration strategies and long term development plans
- Development and execution of territory- and account-specific strategic and tactical sales plans.
- Evangelize Virtustream and build brand awareness within the cloud ecosystem.
- Incorporate Virtustream-s Core Values (passion, integrity, accountability, innovation and a commitment to excellence) to conduct day to day business.
- A minimum of 10 years of channels and alliances sales experience selling cloud solutions (either enterprise software or IaaS)
- Experience working for SIs or experience w/ Global Account Management responsibility working with SIs
- Be able to document quantifiable success in driving business demand via a partner eco-system
- Experience in building/generating sales opportunities and demand generation programs via all types of partners
- Demonstrate a level of comfort selling and communicating the value of complex business solutions to large enterprise customers
- Experience working in cloud, IaaS, Platform (PaaS) or Software (SaaS) as a service environments.
- Ambitious, high energy, self-starter, team player
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. The successful candidate will possess technical and business acumen combined with the ability to make C- and Board-level presentations.
- Experience with a formal sales methodology i.e. Miller Heiman, Value Selling, and Target Account Selling etc.
- Knowledge of enterprise software solutions (ERP, CRM, HR, finance, manufacturing et. al.). SAP experience a plus
- Preference will be given to individuals who have enabled complex, multi-million dollar solutions via the channel or partner ecosystem to a predefined set of target accounts
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment with aggressive growth targets
- Ability to travel 50% of time.
- B.A / B.S / M.S or work equivalent
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here