Meridian Knowledge Solutions, LLC, is the leading provider of enterprise, web-based learning management software. Meridian's powerful yet easy-to-use solutions are leveraged by organizations dedicated to building world-class learning enterprises inspired and focused on delivering exceptional results. With over 10 million users worldwide, Meridian offers a flexible, best-of-breed learning management system that gives organizations and users alike a seamless, integrated experience, all while strengthening the bottom line. Recognized as a leading learning management system by top industry analysts, Meridian's software is being used by some of the world's largest, most successful organizations, including Fortune 500 companies and government agencies. Meridian believes learning is first, learning is yours, and learning is without limits. The company is headquartered in Reston, VA. For additional information about Meridian Knowledge Solutions, visit www.meridianks.com. Visit the Meridian Blog and follow @MeridianKS on Twitter for more learning insights and perspectives.
We're looking for a proven software sales executive to sell our state-of-the-art Learning Management Software to large employer prospects in the United States Federal Government Market. The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to successfully sell enterprise software solutions to senior-level executives of DoD and/or Civilian institutions.
Responsibilities include securing new business leads through a variety of channels, qualifying opportunities, conducting virtual and live presentations, differentiating our unique solution offerings, working with RFP team on responses, negotiating and closing long-term agreements with Federal accounts, and post-sales relationship management.
In this role you will...
- Be a Hunter and a Farmer: You are going after new logo business, and you will work with the inhouse account management team on post-sales relationship management. Successful reps get 50 percent or more of their "new" business from existing accounts and referrals.
- Secure new business leads by cold calling
- Strategically build and execute a territory plan
- Attain or exceed sales quota by identifying customers' business challenges and aligning Meridian products/services to create world-class solutions that deliver significant value
- Conduct virtual and live presentations
- Track everything in Salesforce or another CRM
- 5+ years enterprise software sales experience
- Comfortable demonstrating software and speaking to technical and non-technical executives
- Experience with CRM tools like SalesForce.com and Microsoft Office
- Provena track record of exceeding company sales quotas
- Aggressive, hard-working, persuasive, persistent, self-motivated, and productive
- Have multitasking and strong time management skills
- Excellent communication skills and analytical skills
- Able to successfully work from a home office environment and travel at least 30%
- Consistent job tenure and work history
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of highly successful sales experience in Learning Management and Talent Management software applications to SLED institutions
- 5+ years of enterprise software sales experience
Meridian is subject to regulations, guidelines and/or client requirements relating to the qualifications of Meridian personnel performing certain client work.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.