We are seeking an Account Executive with experience in a telecom or ISP environment including cold calling and prospecting for a growing client in the Buffalo, NY area.
- Account Executives are expected to cultivate existing and new relationships in order to develop and close new revenue opportunities.
- Identify and close sales with new customers in the assigned territory.
- Consistent cold calling and prospect engagement with meaningful volume of in-person appointments per week which leads to successfully achieving the assigned revenue targets.
- Successfully conduct customer telecommunications needs assessments; identify suitable solutions based on those needs; develop, present and follow up on written proposals.
- Act as a liaison between the customer and client personnel and contractors during the design, construction and installation process.
- Travel is mostly limited to Buffalo, NY area
- Process contracts and sales orders for new or upgraded services.
Job Qualifications & Preferences
- 2-5+ years of successful sales experience in a telecom or ISP environment including cold calling and prospecting to medium and large clients in the Buffalo area.
- Working knowledge of telecommunication industry and terminology, including fiber, SIP and cloud services.
- Proven track record of success in exceeding assigned sales quotas.
- Experienced in creating and presenting compelling written sales proposals to decision makers.
- Willingness to represent the client at networking events, tradeshows and activities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience with Sugar CRM software a plus.
- US Citizens and all other parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
- Local candidates to Buffalo, NY / Western NY region are required
- Self starter driven to achieve revenue targets primarily through cold calling.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Good problem-solving skills, positive and results oriented attitude.
- Familiarity with new and emerging telecommunications technology, including but not limited to fiber optics, Ethernet, virtual PBX, software as a service (SAS) with a willingness to learn new skills and technologies quickly.
- Highly proactive and responsible.
- Team player.
We offer a competitive base salary and a generous commission plan as well as an outstanding benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, paid training, and paid holidays and vacation.