Experts Engaged in Delivering Their Best - This is the cornerstone of our service-oriented culture and why we seek the best talent to be part of our team! Since 1995, GCS, Inc. has been an award-winning resource for federal agencies and government contractors, developing and delivering innovative solutions to increasingly complex challenges.
GCS is currently looking to hire Acquisition Specialists that have working knowledge of federal contracting regulations, rules, processes, and procedures.
- Provide contract administration and acquisition methodology support services consisting of all aspects of the acquisition process from pre-award through post-award.
- Provide guidance and technical assistance to the customers who are involved in planning and developing specifications, descriptions, and performance work statements.
- Prepare and process a variety of contractual forms and memos; prepare general administrative contract modifications for contract and purchase order files; and process release of information packages.
- Prepare simplified acquisition award, commercial award and non-commercial award documents in the Standard Procurement System (SPS) to the point of Contracting Officer review and signature.
- Provide all the above services in accordance with the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) provided as Government Furnished Information (GFI) at award which are founded upon Government regulations and policies including the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS), Army Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (AFARS), Joint Federal Travel Regulations (JFTR) and other agency supplemental regulations as appropriate.
- In the course of performing the effort, provide insights to the COR for any need to update the SOP as rules and regulations are promulgated over time.
The Acquisition Specialist shall also:
- Prepare concise, unambiguous documents in a Microsoft Word format in order to represent a requirement of the Government in the form of a Performance Work Statement (PWS), Statement of Objectives (SOO), Statement of Work (SOW) or Salient Characteristics for Government personnel contract execution.
- Prepare concise and unambiguous Sole Source Justifications and present findings using Justification and Approval for Other than Full and Open Competition (J&A OTFOC) for those actions exceeding the Simplified Acquisition Threshold (SAT); a Determination and Findings for Other than Full and Open Competition (D&F OTFOC) for those actions under SAT or less or; a Limited Sources Justification (LSJ) for those actions involving a Required Source of Supply pursuant to Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Part 8.
- Prepare TEPs or SSPs (for formal, competitive acquisitions) as required for anticipated technically evaluated type procurement actions in a Microsoft Word format.
- Prepare Memorandums for Record (MFRs) to explain the need for change orders, overruns or new work modifications for existing contracted efforts in a Microsoft Word format. Also prepare changed or new PWS requirements (or other requirements) in conjunction with the MFR explaining the changed/new requirement.
- Assess electronic cost proposals submitted to the Government to ensure that all spreadsheet documentation is accurate and properly accounted for via formulas embedded in the spreadsheet.
- Analyze documentation submitted as pricing substantiation in order to determine its acceptability pursuant to the regulations found in the FAR Part 15.4.
- Utilizing PD2/PCF production capability provided as Government Furnished Services (GFS), prepare new contracts, task orders and modifications to existing contracts as well as completing templates based on file documentation provided as GFI.
- Minimum two (2) years' experience as an Acquisition or Contracting Specialist
- Bachelor s degree from an accredited institution
- Direct experience with Virtual Contracting Enterprise -Paperless Contract Files (VCE-PCF)
- Direct experience with Standard procurement System (SPS) Procurement Desktop Defense (PD2)
- Must be able to meet NACI requirements.
GCS, Inc. , Wholly-Owned Subsidiary of Preferred Systems Solutions, Inc (PSS ) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.