Summary: With limited guidance from a supervisor, the Windows System Administrator utilizes knowledge and experience to deploy new technologies as well as design, install, configuring, maintain and perform system integration testing, and troubleshooting of server operating systems, related utilities and hardware. The System Administrator monitors system activities and fine tunes system parameters and configurations to optimize performance and ensure security of systems. They perform capacity analysis, monitor and control usage of disk space.
Essential Responsibilities include the following. Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Manage and maintain MS Exchange 2003 / 2007 / 2010 and 2013 environments including support for email routing, email tracking and SMTP relays
- Manage and maintain MS Server environments 2008 – 2016 including enterprise directory services, DNS, IIS.
- Design and implement system resource plans for upcoming applications
- Assist in planning/implementing installation and Disaster Recovery for hosted applications
- Ensure all Windows based servers are adhering to change control and standard policies
- Working with customers both internal and external to troubleshoot incidents
- Maintaining documentation and diagrams regarding the Windows environments
- Assist with security architecture and monitoring
- Coordinate and participate in key process improvements as they relate to the client/server and core infrastructure services environment
- Lead root cause outage analysis efforts
- Lead efforts of outsourced support resources
- Perform regular system tuning and performance monitoring
- Occasionally leads technical teams as needed toward meeting project objectives
- Works closely with key project team members such as; project managers, business analyst, technical leads, and business users
- Identify potential trends in performance gaps and recommend modifications to the standardized work documents by using process improvement principles
- Evaluate and recommend new technology upgrades; evaluate new software and hardware to determine usefulness and compatibility with existing software/hardware
- Participates in OnCall rotation in order to provide 24/7 critical systems production support.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to facilitate and lead complex discussions in a mixed technical and business team environment.
- Must be able to suggest plans to integrate new and existing systems.
- Must be self-directed and able to work effectively in a diverse team environment with little to no direct supervision.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability and desire to take ownership of tasks and responsibilities.
- Extensive knowledge and experience related to IT systems and technologies.
- Extensive knowledge of common industry hardware, operating systems, monitoring software, tools and utilities, and platforms, in addition to free and open source tools.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office products, e.g., word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, data base, project planning.
- Thorough knowledge of SDLC and PMO methodologies.
- Must understand technical problems and solutions in relation to current and future business environments.
- Knowledge of storage infrastructure hardware and/or software installation, configuration and maintenance (i.e. firewalls, routers, switches, operating systems, administration/monitoring tools)
- Associates Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Preferred four year BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems.
- More than 7 years of experience in IT industry with experience in Windows Server administration; Window 2003, 2008 & 2012 with Active Directory Services (AD, DNS, DHCP), LDAP, Office 365, and/or Azure
- More than 7 years of experience in IT industry with experience in MS Exchange Server administration 2010/2013/2016
- Hands on Experience with the complete patch management lifecycle including testing, deploying, troubleshooting missing patches and patch issues
No relocation assistance provided. We are unable to sponsor H1B Visa’s at this time. Telecommuting not available.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/Disability/Vet