US Citizens only
Must already have Public Trust clearance (from federal government agency) used in the past 24 months
It's time! We're ready! Are you? We certainly hope you are because we're ready to bring on our next Active Directory Engineer. The JHC Technology team is expanding on one of its most high-profile projects and we're in need of the right Active Directory Engineer to be a part of the family. At JHC Technology, you'll be a part of the delivery team to a Federal Government customer in downtown DC, with an on-site role featuring a diverse set of projects. You'll be a center-piece in our delivery of a newly established Active Directory enterprise environment, including migration support and recommended improvements in moving to AD from Novell eDirectory.
We'll need your capabilities in providing guidance on changes to AD schema, management of Organizational Units, and the creation and maintenance of a Group Policy Map. It all rolls up to support AD configuration enhancements to improve security and allow for expansion of resources into a cloud environment.
You'll be a part of the broader JHC Technology Service Delivery team, a fast-moving group of tech enthusiasts that is driving its clients to the cutting edge of technology. As an Active Directory Engineer, you're going to look forward to bringing your experience and perspective to your on-site project and the broader JHC Technology team. In this role, you'll be on-site daily with our customer in the Washington DC metro area and within walking distance of a Metro station.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide AD and SCCM Engineering/Administration This task requests on-site day to day Active Directory support and serves as the Active Directory authority. The administrator will implement and maintain system policies that apply to services, computers, and servers for ensuring the security of technology environment. Administration includes, but is not limited to, planning, designing, and maintaining the Active Directory infrastructure including group policies, Azure integration, domain management and SCCM administration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and ensure that identity and access management infrastructure is running optimally and effectively.
- Maintains knowledge of Microsoft product roadmap. Plans, develops, and integrates MS AD roadmap into enterprise architecture.
- Provides support and maintenance for Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS).
- Utilizes automation tools and techniques, such as PowerShell, to streamline identity and access procedures.
- Perform Active Directory and SYSVOL backups, manages Active Directory offline, optimizes the Active Directory database, cleans up metadata, configures Active Directory snapshots, performs object- and container-level recovery, performs Active Directory restore, configures and restores objects by using the Active Directory Recycle Bin.
- Creates and configures Service Accounts, creates and configures Group Managed Service Accounts, configures Kerberos delegation, manages Service Principal Names (SPNs).
- Automates the creation of Active Directory accounts; creates, copies, configures, and deletes users and computers; configures templates; performs bulk Active Directory operations; configures user rights; offline domain join; manages inactive and disabled accounts.
- Configures group nesting; converts groups, including security, distribution, universal, domain local, and domain global; manages group membership using Group Policy; enumerates group membership; delegates the creation and management of Active Directory objects; manages default Active Directory containers; creates, copies, configures, and deletes groups and OUs.
- Serves as a point of contact for technical identity issues and general governance of the use of the organization's identity infrastructure.
- Participates in ongoing and new IT and business partner initiatives requiring identity and access management solutions.
- Leads efficiency improvements by recommending process changes as well as developing solutions to automate and orchestrate repeatable tasks for IAM.
- Fosters close working relationships with staff and management to ensure the secure architecture and operations for applications and infrastructure.
- Creates work plans, test plans and coordinates testing activities. Documents process diagrams, data flow diagrams, flow charts, data maps and data dictionaries, as appropriate. Creates documentation and check lists for internal processes. Updates operations and user documentation as needed.
- Adhere to published standards and procedures, such as naming conventions, migration processes, upgrade processes, change management procedures and all State, system and local policies and procedures.
- Provide accurate estimates to ensure reasonable target dates. Meet target dates. Communicate revised estimates and target dates to customers in a timely manner.
- Participates in a planned program of professional development - keep abreast of new technologies and make recommendations on how these may be utilized within the organization.
- Attend technical training, workshops, seminars, meetings and other trainings, as required.
- Contribute ideas and suggestions in team discussions
- Prepare weekly status reports for manager
- Support of Enterprise Windows management infrastructure utilizing Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Maintain health of the enterprise through the deployment of patches and updates via SCCM
- Provide implementation, administration, and configuration support for an SCCM Enterprise environment
- Utilize SCCM software package delivery and operating system image creation and deployment
- Perform functional and root-cause analysis for customer's system configuration issues and provide support as needed
- Identify key barriers/core problems and applies problem solving skills in order to deal with complex situations
- Monitor and tune platforms to ensure expected availability and performance levels are achieved
Knowledge and Experience:
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or other, relevant subject matter. Additional Experience in lieu of a degree with be considered.
- Must have 5 -7 years of relevant, professional experience in a Microsoft Consulting capacity; 2 - 4 of which at a senior level
- Must have a recent, relevant, advanced Microsoft Certification, such as MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure or MCSA: Windows Server 2012/16
- Must currently maintain a US Government Public Trust Clearance or be willing to undergo a DOJ Public Trust Background Investigation
Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough understanding of DNS, roles, Authoritative vs Recursive servers, record types, zones, zone transfers, etc.
- Thorough understanding and experience with core Active Directory Infrastructure, such as creating sites, site replication, DHCP, FSMO roles and their functions
- Experience creating and securing Group Policy.
- Experience with Active Directory administration / automation through PowerShell.
- Experience with, and thorough understanding of ADFS
- PKI operational experiences (user certificates, auto-enrollment)
- Familiarity with SCCM, SCOM, automation tools like Chef and/or Puppet
- Understanding of Identity Governance principles particularly provision service providers (PSP).
- Familiarity with AD security concepts including privileged access workstations (PAW), AD tier models.
- ITIL knowledge
- Strong knowledge and experience in the upgrade and maintenance of a government enterprise Active Directory environment.
- Strong experience in AD best practices
- Proficient knowledge of Active Directory integration with Office 365 & Microsoft Azure.
- Working knowledge of various office related software such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong organizational, written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills. Must be able to work with and communicate with people of various knowledge levels from the very technical to the casual user.
- Ability to set priorities and follow project schedules.
- Must have an advanced understanding of U.S. Federal Government Compliance Standards, and how they apply to Microsoft Enterprise Configurations
- Must be willing to work full-time, on-site at Customer Facilities in downtown Washington DC
JHC offers full-time team members with a first-class benefits package, including company-paid health, vision, and dental insurance for employee and family, as well as paid time off, 401k, and cell phone and gym membership reimbursement. JHC Technology is a Service Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business. We look for innovative engineers that want to push boundaries, especially around cloud. We focus on four key areas: Cloud, Virtualization, Mobility, and Collaboration.
We do significant work on Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure, as well as with SharePoint and Citrix. We work in the Federal Government, Commercial, and non-profit space. We work with small organizations that are just getting started in cloud all the way up to enterprise and agency data center migrations. We look for every opportunity to form repeatable and automated processes to streamline work and cost.