With minimal supervision, the IT Service Center Administrator provides the first-response support for all Command and Control Mission Systems (C2MS), their associated software, hardware, configurations, and architectures as listed as part of the Specialized Automated Mission Suite (SAMS). Receives and processes all service requests, incidents, and changes as the C2MS communication focal point for multiple geographically separated locations worldwide. Assists in the development of call scripts, call trend analysis, and reviews incidents to refine and build efficient processes. Inputs, monitors and tracks information in Remedy and other ticketing solutions. Advises Senior System Administrators and Engineers in a Dev/Ops environment of Service Improvement opportunities to reduce call center volume, ultimately increasing customer satisfaction. Participates in training events and incident response exercises. Applicants must have customer service skills which include the ability to meet goals
in a timely manner, while being action-oriented, taking ownership, managing their time wisely and working effectively both independently and in a team environment.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. The ability to professionally represent ARMA/GDIT and our Government customer in high-pressure environment
2. Attention to detail in creation of tickets, emails, and briefing team members and leadership on status
3. Experience using ticketing systems.
4. Good communication skills with internal team members as well as customers
5. Ability to support 24x7 work schedule/shift work in support of customer initiatives
6. Ability to follow priorities and re-vector based mission requirements and leadership guidance
7. Ability to create and maintain sustainment documentation
8. Update systems and account lifecycle documentation
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Mobile Device Management (Air Watch preferred)
2. Experience with one or more of the following: Windows 2012 Server, RHEL 6 or higher, and VMware
3. Exposure to C2/ISR Systems: TBMCS, TACLAN, GCCS-J, PEX, or other mission systems
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
2-5 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
Must maintain DoD 8570 IAT-Level II compliance. Security-Plus CE or higher certification required to start ITIL v3 Foundation certification preferred
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Department: Information Technology