The Application Analyst provides great exposure to how General Mills funds its marketing events to draw consumers to our products and build brand equity by taking primary responsibility for the Consumer Planning & Reporting (CPR) application. This application is the platform used by our U.S. & Canadian marketing units to financially plan all Consumer events for their brands. Consumer spending includes Media/Advertising, Marketing Research, Couponing, Sampling, and other events
This role also manages our SAP Analytics Cloud implementation supporting USRO and North America Foodservice trade as well as corporate planning in their monthly forecasting processes and provides the opportunity for an analyst to work with developers utilizing multiple technologies, including .NET, SAP BW, SAP Analytics Cloud, Oracle, and Business Objects. Accountabilities
- Collaborate with Solution Managers, GCOM, Marketing, Financial Planning and Analytics Capabilities to understand planning processes and business data to support and design planning & analysis functionality
- Design solutions and provide related specs to Development teams, lead testing cycles to ensure outcomes meet agreed designs, and promote new functionality to production leveraging life cycle management tools.
- Provide consulting services on capabilities to meet business needs and prioritize enhancements
- Participate in rotational support
- Experience working directly with business clients to design a solution that meets business requirements
- Ability to clearly articulate pros and cons of approaches, as well as being able to document use cases, solutions and recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, design, develop specs, document and support software solutions
- Experience with analyzing data to help users and IT teams solve inconsistencies
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Bachelors degree
- Previous experience doing database development or application development
- Previous experience using SQL
- Experience with tools and concepts related to reporting and analytics
- Understanding and experience with .NET solutions, SAP ERP, SAP BW, and/or Business Objects
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to learn business processes and apply towards value added solutions
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment
- Strong communications skills including listening, verbal communication, and ability to influence
- Delivers on short and long-term commitments
- Demonstrated ability to partner with the business and other D&T teams
- The preferred location for this role is Minneapolis, MN however remote work-at-home applications within the United States will be considered.
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best - bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what's next.