SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc.,
it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care
. This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
The Clinical Quality Strategy and Insights team is seeking an Advanced Analytics Analyst to gain critical insights into member behavior drivers and preferences, product/program concepts and value propositions, operational effectiveness and efficiencies with member specific health gaps and needs.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Performs established analysis for routine diagnoses of quality, use, cost and other variables for opportunity assessments;
- Executes identification and stratification algorithm to select the right members for the targeted solution;
- Develops the technical definition of outcome metrics to assess outcomes;
- Performs defined analyses to assess proper outcome metrics for various programs/initiative;
- Builds, tests, and validates statistical models under supervision;
- Contributes to researches and publications by performing basic analyses, preparing data and documenting results.
- Understands the pitfalls and limitations with analyzing practical data and the ability to ensure data and analysis quality; basic knowledge of common analytical methods such as profiling a customer segment, experimental design and regression analysis.
- Solves well defined analytical problems independently;
- Delivers assignment/projects timely and accurately;
- Collaborates with other analytical and project team members effectively;
- Presents analyses effectively to analytical audience;
- Possess strong intellectual curiosity and motivated to master analytical skills.
- Can tell a story with the data through visual representation
Requires Graduate-level degree with concentration in a quantitative discipline such as Mathematics, Statistics, Public Health, Economics, Epidemiology, Engineering, Computer Science or Operations Research ; 0-3 years direct experience applying statistical/analytical tools to solve research/practical problems, particularly in HEDIS, Clinical Quality improvement; exposure to health care or related fields preferable; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Ideal candidates should have working experience with SAS or equivalents analytical tools; working experience with Teradata, SQL, or equivalent data base tools. Experience with HEDIS measurement, and Tableau strongly preferred. Familiar with Medicaid and Medicare HEDIS and Value Based Payment models strongly preferred.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and has been named a 2019 Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.