The Advanced Analytics Analyst applies advanced analytical techniques and methods to gain critical predictive insights into all areas of the business. Promotes advanced analytics as a crucial value driver and source of competitive advantage, operational efficiency, and innovation. Takes unstructured business questions and skillfully creates actionable analytics solutions. Seeks not only to apply the most sophisticated analytical methods, but recognizes the pros and cons of simplicity versus complexity, placing value on understanding the best approach. Presents results to technical and non-technical audiences and tells a compelling story using data.
- Educates stakeholders in understanding the power and value of an analytical approach to decision-making; provides them with the insights that contribute to the strategic goals of the organization, and influence the decision-making process.
- Acts as the primary resource for Automated Machine Learning effort; works with leadership, subject matter experts, and analysts to generate compelling and practical use cases, develops suitable models, assists in implementation efforts, and presents insights.
- Manages and acts as the primary point of contact for Automated Machine Learning vendors, coordinating internal and external teams to execute use cases.
- Curates and pulls together data sets using database queries.
- Merges, explores, and analyzes large scale datasets to find actionable business insight, seeking to understand the credit union business and its opportunities.
- Uses descriptive and inferential statistics to perform advanced analysis.
- Creates predictive models, segmentation and forecasting time series models as part of broader analytic inquiries.
- Supports the operationalization and integration of analytics outputs to achieve maximum business value.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Ability):
- 5 or more years in a quantitative analysis with demonstrated experience using statistical, econometric, machine learning or data mining techniques.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent experience in a quantitative field such as Economics, Business/Marketing, and/or Operations Research.
- Experience with SQL, Excel, R/SAS/Python and other statistical analysis tools.
- Must have a balance of technical skills, change control process management, highly developed analytical and problem solving skills and a proven ability to manage and prioritize projects and across multiple cross-functional teams.
- Superior verbal & written communication skills and be able to translate business questions into actionable insights as well as to champion data based decision making.
- Must have an appreciation and basic understanding of Data Governance and Data Management concepts.
- Results and goal oriented self-starter with demonstrated leadership qualities.
- Strong familiarity with sources of data & a strong technology background
- Must be resourceful and have strong organizational and planning skills
- Must be able to work well within a team
- Proficiency with the Microsoft suite of office products.
- Experience with business intelligence and data visualization tools such as Tableau or Power BI is highly preferred.
Must also demonstrate conduct consistent with our Corporate Values:
- Practice open Communication with all levels;
- Be Accountable by taking ownership of customer issues and responsibility for one’s actions;
- Foster Teamwork by cooperating and collaborating with other employees;
- Seek ways to make the workplace Fun for oneself & others;
- Conduct oneself with Integrity by being honest, trustworthy and ethical in all work activities and interactions;
- Work with a Service Orientation by having a genuine concern for the needs of one’s customers and by being friendly, professional and following through on commitments; and
- Demonstrate Humility in all interactions and remember to leave one’s ego at the door when one arrives to work.
Logix Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other status protected by law.