SHIFT: Day Job
SCHEDULE: Full-time Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc.,
it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company. Advanced Analytics Analyst Sr/Consultant - Health Economics, Clinical - PS48613
*Manager will decide on job level based upon experience. Locations: Atlanta, GA; VA; RI; NY open to additional Anthem locations.
Employs advanced analytics to gain critical insights into member behavior drivers and preferences, product/program concepts and value propositions, operational effectiveness and efficiencies, client specific health gaps and needs. Consults business leaders and internal partners to apply the insights to test and drive product innovation and enhancement, to target the right members for the right service, to measure program outcome and demonstrate value, to help win and retain clients, and to support information based strategic decision making. Primary duties to include, but are not limited to:
Requirements Advanced Analytics Analyst Sr:
- Provides analytical insights to support business solution development based on quality, use, cost and other key drivers; develops and refines analysis templates for problem diagnosis and opportunities assessment; consults on all considerations related to designing and executing tests or pilot programs; contributes to the design of new program/initiative based on test/pilot outcomes; develops targeting criteria or customer segmentation based on analytical insights, clinical inputs, product design and operations considerations; develops predictive models and other tools that help target the right members; develops methodology to measure clinical, utilization and financial outcomes of a program/initiative; conducts in-depth research to address challenging issues in measuring outcomes; leads applied research projects; authors white papers, presents at industry conferences and submits journal publications.
- Addresses limitation of certain data sources and evaluates incremental value of new data sources.
- Requires Graduate-level degree with concentration in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, computer science, cognitive science, economics, or operations research; 3-5 years direct experience programming large, multi-source datasets with SAS required.
- 3-5 years in health care setting; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- PhD preferred.
- Intermediate to Advanced expertise with software such as SAS Stat, SAS ETS, SAS Enterprise Miner or equivalents.
- Experience with Teradata, SQL, SQL Server, or equivalent.
- Proven ability to design modeling studies.
- Experience with data models, addressing data quality issues in study design, constructing robust and efficient analytical data sets.
- Significant experience in healthcare related field strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to present meaningful results to a business audience.
- Ability to participate collaboratively in a team tasked to produce complex analyses on a rigorous schedule.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and the ability to present to large multi-disciplinary audiences on a regular basis.
- Requires Graduate-level degree with concentration in a quantitative discipline such as Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Epidemiology, Engineering, Computer Science or Operations Research ; 5-10 years' experience in related health care analytics; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- PhD preferred.
- Required Advance Tableau skills, should be able to Transform Data into Actionable Insights with Tableau
- Experience with developing expert modeling system for segmentation/stratification that supports customized strategies for different customer segments in a major industry highly desirable - healthcare, financial, database/direct marketing, online retails, consulting, etc.
- Substantial analytical experience in healthcare industry preferred.
- Advanced expertise with SAS or equivalents analytical tools comprehensive experience with Teradata, SQL, or equivalent data base tools.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and has been named a 2019 Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.