Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
The Richmond Fed is the proud home of the Federal Reserve's National IT organization-a nationwide team delivering technology solutions and support across the Federal Reserve System. Many National IT employees are located in Richmond, while others are based across the U.S. at other Federal locations.
When you join our team, you'll become part of a culture that welcomes differences, cares about our communities, and empowers each other to lead from where we are to make things better. Bring your passion and we'll provide challenging and purposeful careers in a variety of fields, opportunities to grow and a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth. It's all part of what makes #MyRichmondFed a great place to work!About the Opportunity
Our National IT Office of the Chief Information Security Officer (OCISO) team has an immediate opening for an Advanced Cybersecurity Architect to join their Cybersecurity Integration & Engineering team.
As the Advanced Cybersecurity Architect , you will report to the Sr. Manager- Cybersecurity Architecture & Engineering and develop/code secure implementations of compliance and monitoring for IT systems, both on-prem and cloud. You will analyze business requirements and information security data to develop recommendations to solve problems and issues related to security architecture; a ssesses compliance requirements and prepare Security as Code strategies; and prepare implementation and transition plans. You will also participate in and lead cross functional teams focused on integrating security architecture, engineering, policy, and operations.What You Will Do:
- Lead the design, code, test, debug, document, and maintenance of security features across complex cybersecurity, cloud, endpoint software/hardware systems and oversee problem avoidance actions.
- Evaluate secure design strategies to identify and recommend improvements to potential security design problems.
- Analyze and revise existing system logic and documentation as necessary
- Evaluate, recommend, and select new software/hardware.
- Authorize risk level changes and recommend solutions to minimize and/or prevent system interruption.
- Perform change and problem management using standard tools and they conform and comply with existing system standards. Measure performance to ensure proper operation.
- Lead technical projects utilizing System staff and resources.
- Follow and ensure adherence to technical standards for programming and design techniques, and train System technical staff on use of software/hardware tools in accordance with required standards and procedures.
- Monitor compliance with internal audit requirements and Information Security Manual guidelines.
Discover the Reason Why So Many People Love It Here!
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field. Master's Degree preferred.
- 9+ years of relevant experience, including hands on experience with public, private and hybrid cloud service (Microsoft Azure, AWS, etc.).
- Certifications such as AWS Solution Architect, AWS DevOps Engineer, AWS Security Specialty, GIAC GCSA, CCSK, CISSP, CSSLP preferred.
- Expertise in architecture and design of solutions using cloud-based technologies.
- Expertise with Terraform, ARM Templates, Cloud Formations, AWS Config, AWS Inspector, Guard Duty.
- Expertise with integration of various tools into DevOps pipeline such as Git.
- Proficient with a variety of software development languages, tools and techniques including Python, JSON, YAML, Terraform, and Java.
- Proficient at supporting and resolving security vulnerabilities.
- Working knowledge of Agile and the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Ability to tailor communications to their appropriate audience and present information in a credible, confident, and influential manner. Communicates in a concise, direct, and purposeful way.
When you join Federal Reserve's National IT organization, not only will you find a challenging and purposeful career, you'll also have access to a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth, including:
Other Requirements and Considerations:
- Great medical benefits
- Pension and 401(k) with employer match
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee resource networks
- Paid volunteer leave
- Flexible work options
- Onsite amenities that make working here fun
Full Time / Part Time
- A requirement of this position is that the employee must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; individuals who are unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may request an accommodation from the Bank.
- Candidates should review the Bank's Employee Code of Conduct to ensure compliance with conflict of interest rules and personal investment restrictions.
- Sponsorship is not available for this role. The selected candidate will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility for this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- The standard hiring range for the Advanced Cybersecurity Architect is $121,400 - $151,800 annually. Hiring ranges are adjusted for candidates located in:
- Chicago, IL / Philadelphia, PA hiring range: $133,600 - $167,000 annually
- Boston, MA hiring range: $145,800 - $182,200 annually
- New York, NY / East Rutherford, NJ / San Francisco, CA hiring range: $151,800 - $189,800 annually
- The full salary range for the Advanced Cybersecurity Architect is $121,400 - $197,300 annually. Salary ranges are adjusted for candidates located in:
- Chicago, IL / Philadelphia, PA hiring range: $136,600 - $217,000 annually
- Boston, MA hiring range: $145,800 - $236,900 annually
- New York, NY / East Rutherford, NJ / San Francisco, CA salary range: $151,800 - $246,700 annually
- Salary offered will be based on the job responsibilities and the individual's knowledge, skills, and experience as defined in the job qualifications/experience.
Full time Regular / Temporary
Regular Job Exempt (Yes / No)
Yes Job Category
Information Technology Work Shift
First (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.