At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we're not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we're driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker's Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor's annual Employees' Choice Awards 2017. We're treating cancer, one patient at a time.
Join us and make a difference every day.
- Analyze functional requirements, systems architecture and applications on assigned projects
- Plan, coordinate and provide estimates (e.g., time) for assigned projects
- Design program and technical specifications for various applications that may include data flow, data storage, interface design, and system architecture, on assigned projects
- Develop specifications ensuring performance optimization of system and/or application
- Matches the scope and proportion of the specifications and design to the business request. Considers and develops system contingency plans to maintain high system/application availability
- Develop programs that may interface with other applications/databases, to meet complex business requirements
- Writes code according to specifications developed
- Define test cases; prepares data and scripts for testing
- Executes and coordinates systems, integration, and enterprise-wide test plans for assigned projects
- Plan and coordinate the implementation of new systems, enhancements and/or upgrades to current systems to ensure smooth migration from development to production environment
- Produce required functional, technical, and user documentation (e.g., business requirements, functional and technical specifications, system architecture, data flows, end-users training requirements) on assigned projects
- Resolve production problems; support, maintain, and enhance assigned systems
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information
- Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational
- Adept at building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
- Resilient in recovering from setbacks and skilled at finding detours around obstacles
- Able to operate effectively, even when things are not clear or the way forward is not obvious
- Adept at learning quickly, applying insights from past efforts to new situations
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of Information Services experience
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.