Title: Advisory Senior Systems Engineer
Hiring Location: Hermitage/Nashville, TN
Organization: Technology & Infrastructure
The Solution Architecture team is tasked with the mission of owning and leading the implementation and day to day-support of technology systems and platforms for Deloitte’s Advisory practice. The Advisory Senior Systems Administrator will be a key member of the team tasked to plan, execute, and deliver the hosting infrastructure platform for business-critical Deloitte Advisory applications, either on premises or cloud based. This role will provide deployment of the systems footprint for the various service lines in Advisory as well as support of systems and enhancements across OS, storage, database and connectivity verticals.
This role requires deep collaboration with internal and external teams to understand and execute on requirements for the implementation of multiple complex IT supporting their practice. Extensive technical experience supporting and implementing enterprise-scale solutions in a fast-paced environment is a must, with a demonstrated hands-on, focused approach to systems delivery and a drive to continuously improve process. Strong communication and planning skills coupled with a track record of successful operating system, network and database implementations in a large enterprise is a key to success.
- Implements systems and technical infrastructure architecture for multiple solutions with a focus on reliability, quality and best practices.
- Provides input on overall direction, guidance and definition of systems architecture solutions to effectively support business goals.
- Provides technical expertise for solutions which include a variety of Microsoft and Linux-based technical infrastructure stacks supporting both developed and third-party applications.
- Assist in producing detailed design and implementation plans for systems.
- Help to develop repeatable processes and common solutions that allow for architecture and systems reuse and improve delivery speed.
- Executes on process, mentors junior team members and provides accountability for solutions implementation within areas of responsibility.
- Helps to refine process to continuously improve delivery.
- Partners with business analysts, systems analysts and engineers to review and assess requirements.
- Advises and consults leadership on costs, benefits, and implementation of technology solutions.
- Recommends changes in process, policies, and standards to improve team effectiveness.
- Creates project deliverables that are consistent with principles, standards, methodologies, and best practices.
- Works with technical counterparts, architects and product owners to review business drivers, needs, and strategies to anticipate future business / technology needs.
- Contributes to project initiation documents including objectives, scope, approach, estimates, and deliverables, when needed.
- Stays abreast of changes in technology landscape, and provides expertise for several technology domains.
- Fully embraces a culture of execution, knowledge sharing, customer service, operational excellence, and accountability.
- Seeks and capitalizes on the opportunities to improve productivity, velocity, solutions quality, and cost.
- Anticipates barriers to progress and works with leadership to remove them.
- Exhibits a high level of professional flexibility, innovation and drive for continuous improvement.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of progressive, hands-on experience with application hosting within Microsoft Azure for a complex environment.
- Significant exposure to complex enterprise network, storage and database systems.
- Demonstrated ability to design and manage cloud deployments, troubleshoot complex issues and resolve problems.
- Significant expertise with Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016 within a large enterprise environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to craft a message appropriately to varying audiences.
- Willingness to participate in on-call support rotation to address escalated and high-priority issues.
- Ability to build strong personal relationships with key technology partners.
- Strong sense of personal accountability and desire to take ownership and drive deployment and issue resolution.
- Experience defining systems architecture roadmaps for a product portfolio.
- Creativity and ability to incorporate new ideas.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a technical discipline with an understanding of development.
- Experience mentoring junior staff and working with support teams to address issues and improve processes.
- Experience with deployment automations using DevOps tools and principles.
- Strong scripting expertise using tools like PowerShell.
- Minimal travel (<10%) is required.
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States, specializing in audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100. About Deloitte
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you'll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients' will be heard.
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Disclaimer: If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site (careers.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at careers.deloitte.com.