Solidus is searching for an Aerospace/Mechanical Engineer with experience in the development and installation of complex sensor systems and payloads onto airborne platforms. The Engineer will work on a variety projects that involves the rapid iterative process of design, analysis, installation and testing of aircraft sensors and payloads. The payload development process can include aircraft modifications, and will require an understanding of structural and aerodynamic analysis needed for flight certification.
- Design, fabricate, assembly and test airborne systems and payloads
- Experienced with a wide range of platforms (i.e. manned/unmanned, large/small-scale aircrafts)
- Work on a variety of aircraft testbeds, particularly flight assets like the Twin Otter, Boeing 707 and Gulfstream jets
- Experience with the power systems, mechanical structure, and aerodynamic properties of various aircrafts
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Ability to successfully interface with internal machine shops and design cells, the Flight Test Facility, and other engineers/scientist partners to design complex sensor systems, detail and plan system installations, and conduct field integration and testing
- Completing a final integrated deliverable that meets flight certification standards.
- Demonstrate good written and oral communications skills
- ====ship and the ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance
- BS plus 1 year minimum relevant experience in mechanical engineering or aerospace engineering
- Mechanical CAD experience (SolidWorks or other CAD package)
- Structural and Aerodynamic analysis background (with experience in NASTRAN/PATRAN or other analysis software)
- Hands-on systems integration and strong desire to build things
- Experience with the design, analysis and documentation of electro-mechanical subsystems and components
- Experience with aircrafts, in particular large jet aircrafts such as Boeing 707 as well as smaller aircrafts such as G-II, G-IV and Twin Otters
- Engineers who like hands-on hardware development and a willingness to embrace the Rapid Prototyping process
Applicants selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship may be required. Solidus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. NOTICE OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, DISABLED VETERANS AND OTHER PROTECTED VETERANS. It is the policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified individuals at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, and other protected veterans. The objective in adopting the Affirmative Action Programs is to place qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans and other protected veterans in all job classifications. These Affirmative Action Programs are available for inspection by any applicant or employee by contacting the Company's EEO Coordinator, in the Human Resources office, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.