Allstate Insurance is seeking an Agile Trainer/Coach. In addition to the following responsibilities you will be responsible for working with teams and leadership on Agile adoption, facilitating workshops, removing impediments and obstacles programs and teams are experiencing, monitoring training and reporting on productivity improvement, creating standards and processes and training. The Agile Trainer/Coach will be engaged throughout the enterprise transformation to facilitate a smooth transformation into Agile processes.
• Coaching / Mentoring the Team
o Coaching: Working with teams to institute, practice, and adopt Scrum and Agile techniques. Identify and introduce opportunities for the team to improve through coaching and questioning.
o Mentoring: Serve as a mentor to Scrum Masters, Product Managers and other Agile leaders with an aim to make Agile techniques successful, resilient and permanent.
o Training: Collaborate to develop Agile training materials, newsletters, and support communities as they relate to Agile practices. Provide Agile and role-specific training (group and one-on-one) for management, team members, Product Owners, and Scrum Masters.
• Framework Adherence
o Observing / Assessments: Observe program and team activities (e.g., sprint, release and roadmap planning) and provide constructive feedback to teams and leads. Critical impediments and non-adherence to the Agile core principles should be brought to leadership attention immediately.
o Process Adherence: Work with the teams to ensure adherence to the defined Scrum processes and framework (status reporting, compliance, estimation).
o Tool Adherence: Work with the teams to ensure the appropriate tools are being leveraged and enterprise practices are being followed to enable consistency and metrics where needed.
• CompoZed Support
o Change Agent: Be a change agent for teams, leaders and the overall organization in establishing the CompoZed culture.
o Culture: Work with management and teams to strengthen our Agile culture. Work with teams and individuals to inspire the goals of
• Experience in delivering Agile training and coaching in a transforming organization
• 5+ years experience working in an Agile environment and experience with Agile development methodologies (i.e. Scrum, XP, Kanban, Lean, etc.)
• One or more Expert-level Agile certification(s) - PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP), SAFe Program Consultant (SPC), Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), or other Agile related certifications a plus
• Knowledge and experience in Waterfall project management
• Experience implementing and continually improving Agile principles and practices, and coaching the customer on the recommended approach
• Strong written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to communicate solutions effectively to technical and non-technical audiences.
• Technical background with a deep understanding of modern DevOps practices preferred
• Innovative thinking – ability to learn new tools and techniques and apply them to the program
• Experienced in Agile Thought Leadership
Note: For the first 3 months atleast travel to Northbrook IL will be required on weekly basis.