Job Title: Agile Coach (Must be our W-2, no agencies, no C2C)
Location: Midtown, NY
Job Type: Contract
Duration: Long Term
- We are looking for an Agile Coach to help teams new to Agile make the transition from a traditional delivery model to Scrum.
- As our Agile Coach, you will work with one or more scrum teams at a time to understand their current processes, Agile maturity level and transformation impediments to create a plan to improve and optimize their Agile capabilities.
- The Agile Coach is required to collaborate closely with IT leadership, business stakeholders, and the scrum teams.
The qualified candidate will have proven experience in working on complex Agile transformations and will have demonstrated the following:
- Coach teams in Agile concepts, principles, practices and behaviors
- Conduct team-level Agile maturity assessments
- Develop and execute team-level transformation plans
- Identify issues, risks, and recommendations of Agile teams and operating models
- Develop learning plans to elevate teams to higher levels of maturity and effectiveness
- Support practitioners and projects, identifying areas for improvement, developing improvement plans and working with individuals and teams to implement those improvements
- Coach Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Leadership and Key Stakeholders on their roles in the Agile process
- Present and support Agile education and training activities as required
- Strong facilitation and communication skills. Utilize facilitation skills to engage and include all team members and encourage a collaborative approach to completing tasks.
- Expertise with the use of Agile project management tools. Ability to assist the team, as needed, to build skills of planning, goal setting, organizing and delivering through collaborative effort.
- Able to provide suggestions and guidance when assisting the team with working through blockers, risks and opportunities for improvement.
- Ability to mentor and coach at the individual, team and program level.
- Experience in DevOps, Agile and Scrum transformations with proven track record of leading a team to transform the efforts of an engineering organization
- Expert knowledge of Agile, Lean, Scrum and Kanban methods and practices
- Expert knowledge of Lean Change management methods and practices
- Experience in an agile environment, and running agile through a modern platform: ideally Jira or another similar agile system of record like Rally, Version One
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, managing teams of DevOps/software engineering professionals and liasing with a Product and design organizations
- BA/BS or equivalent experience. MBA is desirable.
- CSM, CSPO, CSD or equivalent Agile certifications required
- SPC or equivalent scaling certification preferred
- Agile coaching certification preferred
- Digital product development, customer journey definition, process mapping, and capability framework development experience
- Ability to distill complex concepts and business needs into prioritized, implementable value-based components
- Change agent not afraid to challenge the status quo with proven record of driving change through an organization at scale
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, especially at the Executive level
- Ability to engage and inspire a team, attract and retain subject matter experts
All offers of employment at TechLink, Inc. are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check. Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates.
Background checks will include: Social Security Verification, Prior Employment Verification, Professional References, Educational Verification, Criminal History, Motor Vehicle Records and e-verify.