he Lean Agile Team Lead at Berkadia is so much more than a Scrum facilitator. The individual who will excel in this role must have a desire for delivering solutions that our customer love and doing whatever it takes to get things across the goal line. A strong desire to help teams learn and incrementally improve (while operating with a Berkadia Way mindset) are key attributes to success in this high-profile position.
Living the Agile Guardrails – Driving Team Members To…
- Work on items that will realize the greatest amount of business value across the enterprise.
- Collaborate with each other in order to maximize the realization of business value across the enterprise.
- Ensure that all work will be made visible.
- Take the necessary steps to sustain or increase predictability.
- Keep the work throughout the value stream within capacity.
- Encourage everyone to strive for continuous improvement.
Understanding and Applying the Scrum Framework
- Applies relentless rigor around Berkadia Agile & DevOps processes. Identifies and corrects any deviations from all accepted delivery processes.
- Facilitates meetings (daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospective)
- Speaks in terms of business value and not simply technology
- Acts as an overall servant leader to the team
- Encourages an environment of team self-organization
- Facilitates discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution within the team and across teams
Developing People and Teams
- Lives the Berkadia Way ideals and utilizes Berkadia Way tools.
- Builds a trusting environment that encourages collaboration and creativity
- Motivates and drives the team with a positive attitude and ability to partner, lead and influence across multiple teams and capabilities. Excellent skills and knowledge of facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Supports and educates the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Trains and coaches Agile and Scrum principles to both team members and individuals in the larger Berkadia environment, including senior leadership
- Acts with a global Berkadia perspective in all decision making (optimizing the whole versus just the parts). Removes silos across both vertical and horizontal teams
Developing & Delivering Products Professionally
- Coordinates with the Delivery Manager and ensures all team-level commitments align with the product Vision and Roadmap.
- Removes blockers and impediments that inhibit rapid delivery of business value
- Maintains light-weight metrics for the purposes of inspecting and adapting
- Facilitates conversation between the development team members and the end users
- Facilitates team adherence to change and release requirements.
- Ensures the timely creation of all release management tickets and provides visibility.