Did you know that Zions Bancorporation is one of the nation’s premier financial services companies with total assets exceeding $70 billion? With local management teams at the helm in 11 western states, Zions is dedicated to making a difference in their local communities.
We are transforming what it means to work for a financial institution. We operate in a fast-paced, information-driven environment, which means we need people who bring diverse experiences, perspectives, and expertise to meet ever-changing demands. Your ability to adapt, learn innovate and collaborate with a dynamic team helps us provide exceptional service to our customers and communities.
ETO is committed to helping our employees grow, develop and advance in their career. Our Workforce of the Future, DEI and UpSkilling initiatives allow you to network across the organization, volunteer in our community, and build your technical and soft skills. We believe that investing in your success and well-being is an investment in our customers and our business.
Together we are building a culture that values diversity, celebrates growth and creates a space of belonging for all our team members. Our people are what set us apart and make us great.
Zions is seeking an Agile Product Owner
Zions Bancorporation is currently looking for a motivated Product Owner having work experience in Business Analysis to join our Enterprise Technology Operations team supporting the Business Lending Agile Release Train.
The PO will be part of an agile team, serving as the customer proxy and responsible for working with product management, technology and other business stakeholders. The PO will provide team support in an agile environment while defining stories and prioritizing the Team Backlog. The PO will also solicit requirements, lead user acceptance testing and support product releases. They will play a significant role in the focus of the agile team and will accept stories as completed. This individual will work in a dynamic team environment to effectively meet Company milestones for new and existing products. The ideal candidate will have a curious mindset, is thirsty for knowledge and continuously learning.
- Own and manage the product development strategy
- Create, own, and manage the team backlog, constantly collaborating with customers and the team to ensure work items are refined and prioritized
- Understand, gather, review, analyze, validate, evaluate, and map business systems, processes, and user requirements in coordination with the business
- Continuously engage with the business, technology, and other key stakeholders to stay informed, nurturing strong and trusting relationships and increasing business knowledge to represent product vision and customer/business needs to the team
- Provide context for, prioritizing and accepting the work demoed by the agile team, specifically ensuring the right value is delivered.
- Collaborate with the team for demos and team retrospectives.
- Help identify organizational impediments and works with the leadership team to create effective strategies to overcome them.
- Exemplify agile principles, encourage good practices, encourage, and assist team to continue to develop and mature in agile practices and methodologies
- Help to identify and raise obstacles and allow the team to self-organize
- Champion mindset changes and belief re-sets required to affect the desired business results
- Encourage transparency to the organization to help grow trust
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent planning, organizational, analytical and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent presentation, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, including coaching and mentorship qualities
- Excellent decision making, problem resolution, listening and team building skills
- Ability to work very effectively with various levels of leadership
- Advanced understanding of the broader product development lifecycle in large enterprise settings
- Experience as a Product Owner or Business Analyst in a large enterprise contributing to successful value delivery & agile methodology experience
- Significant knowledge of the agile frameworks & scaling models, Agile Values and Principles and the Scrum Methodology including iteration planning, backlog refinement, daily stand ups, iteration reviews and system demos, iteration retrospectives, PI Planning, Demos, Inspect & Adapt Workshops, Scrum-of-Scrums, PO Sync, and ART Sync
- Product Owner certification strongly preferred, CBAP certification a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in information systems, business, computer science or a related field & 4+ years’ experience contributing to strategic creation & building out of products, accelerating value delivery to customers, working with cross-functional teams to realize products, employing innovative mindsets & practices to product development (design-thinking, lean startup approach, MVP, rapid prototyping, frequent feedback cycles, customer centricity). A combination of education & experience may meet requirements.
- Excellent working knowledge in multiple agile practices: Scrum, XP, Lean, Kanban, XDD, Scrum@Scale, Nexus, SAFe, etc.
- Experience with JIRA, Azure Dev Ops (ADO), Confluence, or similar tools preferred
- Experience in Commercial Lending is a plus