Description Job Description:
The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within Leidos is seeking Agile Product Team Manager with strong systems, software, cloud, and Agile experience to support a complex program to provide Agile development and operations and maintenance for critical systems on a mission-critical program supporting the Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD) Interface and Support Processes division within Customs and Border Protection (CBP). PSPD supports the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and CBP critical missions, specifically screening and processing travelers at the ports of entry (POEs) into the United States.
In this hands on position, you will work collaboratively with your CBP counterpart and stakeholders to define the future direction of products you are responsible for while working with the individual product teams to ensure their understanding of the future direction. You will work with your product teams to assist with removing impediments that are impacting team performance while also assisting teams as needed with risk mitigation activities.
You will be responsible for ensuring teams have the necessary skills and staff to deliver
capabilities mutually agreed upon with your CBP counterpart and within scope of the approved task order. Finally, you will work with Leidos senior leads and individual product team leads to maintain a high-level of employee engagement, establish individual performance objectives and evaluate individual performance through regular touchpoints.
- Coordinate regularly with CBP counterpart and stakeholders to define the future direction of products you are responsible for and respond promptly to concerns/issues raised by CBP.
- Collaborate with other team leads, product owners, technical leads, and developers on the requirement elicitation, documentation in JIRA epic/stories/features and acceptance criteria in fast-paced agile environment
- Work with product owners and team leads reporting to you to refine, groom and prioritize the backlog.
- Work with individual product teams to ensure their understanding of future direction.
- Act as a servant-leader to product teams to ensure their success by helping to resolve difficult problems.
- Ensure product teams have the necessary skills and staff to deliver capabilities as mutually agreed upon with your CBP counterpart and within the scope of the approved task order.
- Review task orders associated with products you are responsible for and provide estimates to deliver features/capabilities associated with the task order.
- Reflect Leidos leadership values and maintain a high-level of employee engagement
- Establish individual performance objectives and evaluate individual performance against objectives through regular touchpoints
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other closely related field with a minimum of 12-years of relevant experience or 10 years of relevant experience with Master's degree.
- Applicants must be a ==== with ability to obtain a CBP BI public trust clearance.
- Experience in Agile/Scrum/Kanban supporting Agile efforts
- Proven experience working with government stakeholders and product owners to meet customer needs and effectively communicating concerns, risks, etc. to government clients.
- At least seven (7) years of experience writing user stories, slicing features, using test suites and maintaining issue backlog.
- At least 7 years of experience as a servant-leader/technical lead ensuring the success of 4 or more product teams, i.e., 50+ employees
- Demonstrated experience working with product teams to develop solutions to challenging problems impeding the progress of the product team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with diverse agile teams, product owners, stakeholders, and SMEs.
- Experience conducting stakeholder interviews and facilitating stakeholder workshops.
- Experience with JIRA required
External Referral Bonus:
- Active CBP BI
- Experience with CBP PSPD
IneligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.