Remote/telecommuting available -- must be onsite in Sioux Falls at least 1 wk per mo
At CHR Solutions, the Agile Software Development Project Manager is a “hands on” role that allows you to exercise agile and lean project management skills as well as direct R&D resources. Leverage your experience managing software projects of all sizes to assist in leading an international software team in bringing world class software to market.
What Sets you Apart?
You’re positive, upbeat, passionate and determined to thrive in a rapidly changing environment. Along with having strong interpersonal skills, your ability to work autonomously, identifying and solving problems is a required skillset. We also will rely on your excellent communications skills both written and spoken, for customer and executive level status reporting.
A Day in the Life
- Deliver successful software projects by operating as the Agile Project Manager, Coordinator, and Release Manager
- Use your influence, experience, and collaborative nature to identify and resolve problems, clearing the way for our software teams to succeed.
- Apply resource management skills with the ability to drill down to the details to anticipate risk while keeping your eye the big picture.
- Take a servant leader approach to help the team self-organize and adopt an attitude of continuous improvement.
- Proactively anticipate team impediments and work within the team to address them
- Develop project plans and assume accountability for tracking project schedule and quality.
- Organize our portfolio backlog and prioritize requirements for multiple clients for multiple products.
- Continually identify and implement agile best practices that help team velocity and effectiveness
- Communicate project schedules, provide senior management with a continuous assessment of development team velocity, as well as risk assessment and recommendations for improvement
- Evolve program and project management capabilities, improve delivery to internal and external clients, and leverage project management knowledge across the Business Unit.
- Establish and integrate project management measures, metrics, thresholds, and targets to drive performance in alignment with departmental key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Perform critical path management across projects.
- Manage and facilitate responses to requests for Level of Effort (LOE) estimates and change requests.
- Resolve resource constraints across projects.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field, Business Management, Project Management, Organizational Management, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related field.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience accepted
- Five or more years of progressive software development and 2 or more years of project management experience; significant agile methodologies experience preferred.
- Scrum Master certification or extensive Lean and agile training is helpful but not required
- Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) or Azure Dev Ops helpful
- Strong multi-project management skills with experience in organizing, prioritizing, planning, and executing multiple high-risk, high-visibility, large-scale projects from definition through implementation involving internal personnel and external contractors
- Project management experience that includes software application development, software integration and sustaining maintenance engineering
- Comprehensive knowledge of full lifecycle project management, software development, and agile best practices
- Experience building collaborative environments and teaming culture among project teams
- Experience in portfolio strategy, planning, sizing, analysis, implementation, and management
- Ability to effectively utilize MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook). Experience with MS Project is required.
General office environment: Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 10% of the time. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
Physical Demands: Manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment; able to read, write, and interpret written documents; occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
About CHR Solutions:
CHR is the leading provider of BSS/OSS Software solutions, Engineering, and Managed IT and NOC services to Communications Service Providers (CSPs). This includes telephone, Internet, cable TV, utility providers and city municipalities. Our team of industry experts help companies grow revenue and improve operations.