Agile Project Manager
Our client is looking for a talented individual to drive transformation in how solutions are delivered to our business as an Agile Project Manager. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about Agile, and can lead a culture and mindset shift at all levels of the organization that results in higher quality, faster time to market, and optimized cost performance. This is a great opportunity to work within the our client Technology Organization and across our businesses, to fundamentally change how technology solutions are delivered.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing highly complex and enterprise-wide delivery including planning, directing and coordinating large strategic projects and mid-sized programs from initiation through to implementation. You will partner with cross-functional teams to determine and interpret objectives into solutions and drive processes and execution, escalate impediments, manage risk, and promote continuous improvement. You will also be responsible for facilitating program / release level events such as release planning, inspect and adapt, and the Scrum of Scrums.
- Handles complex long-term focused projects involving multiple disciplines or business units
- Works independently and with management on high visible, divisional/cross-divisional complex projects
- Sought as a key resource for resolution of unique or complex business problems
- Drives continuous improvement and efficiencies beyond own scope of responsibility
- Accountable to business sponsor(s) and management to drive delivery of quality solutions tied to clearly understood business problem(s) and benefit(s)
- Deliver project/program/portfolio objectives on-time, with quality, within scope and budget
- Develop, manage, monitor and report on all project/program tasks, activities, expectations, controls and deliverables; and/or provide management and oversight for a business or IT portfolio
- Understand, apply, promote and contribute to Agile delivery methodologies, standards and tools
- Demonstrate proven capability to be disciplined and flexible at the same time
- Provide input into and/or influence business strategies and direction that determine and shape projects
- Supply accurate project estimates and tightly manage project budget, approved funding, forecasts and actuals
- Secure and maintain project resources and actively manage resource plan; direct other project managers
- Remain focused on big picture and prioritize competing responsibilities
- Understand, apply, promote and contribute to our client delivery methodologies, standards and tools
- Provide solutions and continuous improvement opportunities to efficiently solve problems and provide critical thinking skills
- Gain recognition as a trusted advisor / leader with customers and stakeholders at all levels of the organization across business and IT
- Listen and effectively communicate with clarity, precision and transparency
- Naturally lead and command authority; influence and inspire across a matrixed organization (i.e. without control or positional authority)
- Hold self and project team accountable for outcome
- Remove barriers to enable project team to complete objectives no matter how difficult; drive and influence decisions
- Proactively coach and mentor team members within your organization and across the enterprise
- Effectively negotiate priorities and solutions
- Manage vendor relationships
- Drive lessons learned and knowledge retention for future use
- Bachelor's degree
- 1-2 years of Agile project delivery experience.
- 5-7 years of project management experience.
- Significant financial or retirement services background.
- 5 years' of project management experience or role with transferable skill set
- 1 years' of program management experience
- 2+ years' of Agile project delivery experience
- Significant technical or insurance/retirement services background
- Experience with managing vendor delivery and relationships
- Ability to travel
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- 3-5 years of Agile methodolgy experience
- Experience with Scrum Master
For more information please contact Janice DiCicco at 860-979-0912.
Since 1995, iTech Solutions Inc., has been providing IT Consulting and Direct Hire Services to the Insurance, Financial, Communications, Manufacturing and Government sectors with local offices in Connecticut, Minnesota, Colorado, Massachusetts, Tennessee, North Carolina, and New Jersey / Pennsylvania area.
Our recruiting strategy is simple, if you want to find qualified IT professionals then use IT professionals to find them. So at iTech Solutions, our personnel are all career IT professionals with a wide range of IT experience. We can honestly say our staff understands the technologies, the complexities of finding and selecting the appropriate personnel and the pressures of running successful IT projects.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for any employment visas, at hiring or in the future, including but not limited to H-1B visas. Corp-to-Corp or subcontract personnel will not be considered for this position.