Description Job Description:
Leidos is recruiting for a new agile DevSecOp project in an IC DoD customer space. Leidos is building an all new team to develop new structures, and applications for our customer. We are looking for a collaborative and forward leaning Agile Software Development Lead and Subject Matter Expert who wants to tackle challenges and be a part of creating innovative solutions. In return, Leidos will invest in you with a new enhanced leave plan, generous 401k, and training to name just a few great benefits. Ready to tackle your next challenge - then we want you on our team.
This role requires an experienced Software Engineer to perform as the lead Agile Scrum Master in a Government IC environment. This role is responsible for performing the software systems development function, including the design, development, troubleshooting, and debugging of software programs for software enhancements and new software-intensive systems and products. This role also performs management and coordination of activities across the entire program with other scrum masters. This role provides program-level Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and metrics generation and analysis in order to track overall effectiveness and efficiency of the software delivery team. Finally, this role facilitates horizontal communication across team members to identify any impediments that may prevent team progress while working mitigation plans as needed. This role facilitates lessons learned and component reuse to enable efficient delivery of services to the customer.Primary Responsibilities
- Manage software requirements analysis, development of software products and software tools used for design, development and maintenance of infrastructure, and platforms.
- Select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the functions.
- Use software tools and scripting languages used for design, development and maintenance of on-premises and cloud infrastructure and platforms.
- Manage the identification of software and hardware dependencies and capacities.
- Serve in a position of leadership over critical objectives where decision making is of utmost concern to the outcome.
- May mentor and / or supervise others.
Security Clearance Requirement
- Requires expert domain knowledge in a technical field bolstered with significant experience and advanced education and training.
- Experience providing technical agile software development leadership and management.
- Experience within his/her field demonstrating extensive accomplishments, recognition by peers, training, and/or certifications directly related to the discipline.
- Ability to negotiate complex scenarios and challenges and devise courses of action to resolve situations with predictable outcomes.
- Experience establishing goals and plans to meet project objectives.
- Knowledge of best practices and patterns to perform design, development, automated testing, and automated deployment of software modules via DevSecOps Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
- Domain and expert agile software development experience.
- Experience interacting with clients at a senior level.
- Experience reviewing other people's work.
- Experience mentoring and managing team members.
- This candidate must have a minimum of a Master's degree with 15-20 years of experience; or a Doctorate with 13-16 years of experience. Years of experience may be used in lieu of degree.
An active TS/SCI with Poly required.Preferred Qualifications
Recognized within the technical community as a leader in his/her field.
- Experience within his/her field includes extensive accomplishments, recognition by peers, training, and/or certifications directly related to the discipline.
- Experience and knowledge of DIA.
ITMODExternal Referral Bonus:
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with PolygraphTravel:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.