Description Job Description:
he Homeland Security Solutions Operation within Leidos is seeking Agile Team Leader with strong systems, software, cloud, and Agile experience to support a complex program to provide Agile development and operations and maintenance for critical systems on a mission-critical program supporting the Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD) within Customs and Border Protection (CBP). PSPD supports the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and CBP critical missions, specifically screening and processing travelers at the ports of entry (POEs) into the United States. The Leidos team will be part of an exciting ecosystem, participating with federal employees, and other contractors, in a team-based DevOps approach to deliver mission value frequently, cost-effectively, responsively, and with high quality.
This position interacts with business, management, end users and agile delivery teams. This position works with the agile delivery team taking the lead in gathering, refining, documenting business needs and requirements. Primary Responsibilities
The successful Agile Team Leader shall:
- Collaborate with product owner, technical leads, development team on the requirement elicitation, documentation in JIRA epic/stories/features and acceptance criteria in fast-paced agile environment
- Work with product owners to refine, groom and prioritize issue backlog
- Work with development teams to flesh out technical and QA requirements
- Continuously monitor, identify risks and risk mitigations and capture team performance reports
- Collaborates with team on understanding the requirements and properly developing and testing functionality using BDD and ATDD
- Quickly adapt to customer dynamic environment and adopt their processes and foster innovative ideas
- Adopt to new ways of working, socializing and collaborating with stakeholders and understanding their business goals
- Experience in Agile/Scrum/Kanban, supporting Agile efforts
- At least five (5) years of experience writing user stories, slicing features, using test suites and maintaining issue backlog
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with diverse agile teams, product owners, and subject matter experts.
- Experience conducting stakeholder interviews and facilitating stakeholder workshops.
- Ensure compliance with software standards
- Experience with JIRA required
- Knowledge of Continuous Delivery and DevOps practices
- Requires BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust suitability determination
- U.S. Citizenship
Active CBP BI
Experience with CBP
cbpoitExternal Referral Bonus:
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.