Business Group Highlights Defense
The Defense group supports the Department of Defense (DoD) mission to keep our homeland and its citizens safe. We provide solutions to improve the Nation's defense by providing software, systems engineering, IT, training and logistics and fleet management solutions. ResponsibilitiesJoin our team in Santa Clara, CA!
Perspecta is seeking a software tester who will work as part of the System Team on the Theater Mission Planning Center (TMPC) program, part of the Navy's Tomahawk Missile program. The System Team is a specialized Agile Team that assists in building and supporting the Agile development environment, supports integration, performs end-to-end solution testing, and conducts formal demonstrations with the customer.
Perspecta develops several TMPC applications, providing support for tactical and training operations. Functions provided by these applications include: mission planning; data distribution; strike planning, rehearsal, and coordination; strike execution, monitoring, and control; strike reporting; and communications configuration and data management/delivery.
The primary focus of your role on the System Team is two-fold: to test new system capabilities through scenario-based tests and conduct system regression testing.
- For new system capability testing, you will work with the Agile development teams to understand the new system behavior, including impacts on legacy behavior, and then write/execute tests that exercise the new behavior in an operational workflow from a user's perspective.
- For system regression testing, you will execute existing manual tests or automated tests, testing from a user's perspective. These tests may be scenario based or capability based. You will also develop new automated tests or enhance existing automated tests with each major delivery to the customer to incorporate the delivered capabilities into the regression tests.
In addition to your role as a member of the System Team, you may support the test activities of Agile development teams. These teams include both an application team that is developing new system behavior and the Information Assurance (IA) team.
While testing is the primary responsibility, you will perform non-test activities, as needed and able, to support the overall focus and commitment of the team.Responsibilities
- Learn legacy TMPC system behavior with mentorship from senior test staff
- Learn program processes and procedures with mentorship from senior test staff
- Develop and execute manual and automated tests following team/project conventions to verify new system capabilities and bug fixes based on system change definitions (change packages), including taking the lead test position for a change package
- Report test findings and document new errors per team/project conventions
- Provide or validate estimates for assigned tasks
- Understand TMPC hardware configurations and applications/capabilities for each configuration
- Contribute to the evolution of the team/project standards and conventions
- Participate in Agile ceremonies (e.g., Sprint Planning, Daily Stand-up)
- Participate in formal demonstrations with the customer at the Santa Clara facility
Optionally, you will:
- Develop and execute manual tests in support of an Agile development team
- Support testing of security/IA upgrades on a monthly and quarterly basis
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to follow procedures
- Ability to work within a collaborative team environment
- Attention to detail
- Familiarity with scripting languages or automated test tools (e.g., Appium / Python)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Familiarity with configuration management tools, including TFS
- 3-5 years test experience, including automated testing and IA testing
- BS/BA in CS or EE or Math or related field
- An active SECRET clearance or the ability to obtain one
The following knowledge and experience are a plus:
About PerspectaWhat matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.Perspecta is anAA/EEOEmployer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
- Software background with an understating of software development lifecycle methodologies, including Agile
- Fundamentals of Information Assurance
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provisionPay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).