Business Group HighlightsBusiness Development & Sales
The business development and sales team is responsible for implementing Perspecta's growth strategy to include development of a robust pipeline, price-to-win, competitive market research, proposal operations, and ID/IQ program management. These functions are critical to identifying new markets, sustaining the existing customer base, guiding the pursuit of strategic capture opportunities and proposal development.Responsibilities
Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people
to take on our nation's most important work. We•re a company founded on a
diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we
never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of
engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work
tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push
ourselves•to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the
changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense,
intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our
high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways•not only through competitive
salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful
impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta's talented and robust workforce•14,000 strong'stands
ready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together.
Perspecta has a need for a Business Development Executive in CO Springs or El Segundo. This BDE will primarily support AFSPACE and SMC. This is a critical position on Perspecta's Air Force BD team.normal">Responsibilities:normal">
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of opportunities to qualify, pursue, and win. Keep pipeline up to date in CRM system of record to reflect current information
- Drive opportunity qualification and risk assessment
- Manage opportunities through the Gate review process in coordination with Business Development VP
- Work closely with the pursuit team and account team to understand the scope of the opportunity in order to provide requisite analysis/information and recommendations to the pursuit and account teams.
- Execute call plan in support of pipeline
- Represent the company to teaming partners and suppliers in support of opportunities
- Responsible for validating/endorsing the technical solution for the opportunity.
- Responsible for assembling all required resources/skills to develop proposal, pursue and win opportunities
- Works with delivery to assure that solution design can be properly delivered.
- Develops deal timeline and ensures that pursuit team meets deal milestones and deadlines.
- Leads pursuit team in developing and substantiating a winning value proposition that meets the needs of the customer, including analyzing critical business drivers and risks.
QualificationsEducation and Experience Required:
- Opportunities can be local, CONUS, or OCONUS.
- Assess and quantify risk for major, high-stakes projects and
- Make decisions on program staffing resource planning to include identification of Key Personnel.
- Close opportunities on established timelines to support the Air Force Account
- Frequently represents the organization to other businesses within
the company and to external customers/clients.
- Acts as subject matter expert providing direction and guidance to
process improvements and establishing policies.
- Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Typically 12+ years directly related experience in business development
- University or Bachelor's degree; advanced University degree preferable.
- Demonstrate business, technical, or functional knowledge at the mastery level, as well as administration or operations knowledge.
- Ability to learn Perspecta offerings and position with the client
- Experience with the Air Force client required
- Strong Space background
- High level of Air Force knowledge.
- US Government Top Secret Security Clearance or higher (preferable)
- Business/financial management expertise.
- Acts as a Strategic Partner, Trusted Advisor.
- Familiarity with project management methodologies.
- Leadership skills in directing pursuit and/or delivery teams.
- Highly developed consultative approach, solution selling and business development skills.
- Can act as an executive sponsor for a project.
- In depth understanding and knowledge of Management of Change issues.
- Business and customer oriented team player with ability to form alliances across team.
- Proven program management skills and able to demonstrate leadership capabilities.
- Strong influencing and communication skills at an executive level.
- Ability to cope with very high peak workloads and travel as necessary
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.OptionsApply for this job onlineApplyShareEmail this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeedAs a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)