C, C++, Java, Scala (not just Python)
Airflow Developer - Data Engineer
Slower is a rapidly growing start-up that is on the rise. We have offices in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. Founded in 2014 and headquartered in Costa Mesa, California, our engineering-led CEO has a notable and diverse technical and business background. Slower is an industry leader and a customer-focused multi-cloud professional services firm with proven experience and next-generation delivery processes in modern design. Our client list includes the who's who in Big Data, AI, Machine Learning, and Cybersecurity. We are on a mission to deliver world-class service for our customers and partners.
Highly Valued Team
Slower’s team is an exceptionally talented group of thinkers, creators, achievers, risk-takers, and builders who are passionate about the hottest tech trends while keeping up and progressing with future technology advancements. We embrace and encourage ongoing growth and development and are consistently looking for opportunities to increase our team's knowledge and development by investing our profits directly into our people.
About the Opportunity
Work with a bleeding edge IS where we work to deploy Anthos, Flink, NATs, Elastic, ECE, Kafka, MLOps, and advanced analytics for US-based customers.
A day in the life:
You'll be able to speak to and deliver solutions around Apache Airflow. You'll interact with customers to drive successful Airflow implementation. You'll be a trusted advisor and help architect data pipelines across all types of environments and use cases. Last but not least, you'll have the opportunity to engage with the Apache Airflow project, a thriving open source community with 1000s of contributors.
Work with customers and partners to ensure they are following best practices in Airflow data pipeline creation
· Develop Airflow Pipelines with Python.
· Perform Airflow code refactoring assessments for our customers.
· Be the airflow technical resource for customers by educating them on Airflow best practices. · Collaborate with the customer to design, prototype, and implement proof-of-concept engineering solutions.
· Be an advocate for all customers by providing them with Data Engineering as a Service (DaaS). · Act as a liaison by collecting feedback and identifying improvements through client interactions. · Become an Airflow expert.
Airflow Developer - Data Engineer
A strong candidate has:
· 2-4 Years Python Develop for Airflow DAGS
· 2-4 years of industry experience including some experience working in Apache Airflow in a production-level environment.
· Google Cloud Platform experience is strongly preferred.
· Excited to learn infrastructure tools like Docker and Kubernetes.
· Empathetic and leans towards giving those around them the benefit of the doubt. · A strong verbal and written communicator.
· Eager to help customers solve problems and succeed in making Airflow the de-facto standard in data orchestration.
· Experienced with creating DAGs, writing Python, and building custom operators and hooks. · Excited about implementing ETL/ELT processes.
Why Join Slower?
We offer medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. We also offer great perks, such as training, paid time off, and competitive compensation.
Slower is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.