Develops and nurtures a strategic/mutually beneficial relationship with the partner or with a targeted set of Systems Integrators (SIs) and their ecosystem partners to drive additional revenue with joint sales efforts. Works closely with business development colleagues and sales teams to increase awareness of alliance related opportunities, and engages with the appropriate company executive to build targeted strategic relationships to build long term business opportunities for the company. These jobs focus on selling to customers, typically through work that occurs outside the company offices.
- Influences large account sales teams to partner for near-term revenue growth, while at the same time, develop joint relationships, initiatives and programs for long-term sustained account success.
- Aligns closely with the regional alliance sales teams to ensure the identification, pursuit, closure, and tracking of customer opportunities to perpetuate the existing base of company revenue - engage in customer specific activities as needed.
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor's degree; advanced degree or MBA preferred.
- Typically 12+ years of selling experience at end-user account or partner level.
- Experience as successful account/business manager, selling to CxO and decision-maker level.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Leverages consultative presence in partner to identify opportunities.
- Actively and proactively manages the partner to protect & grow company's business; coordinates all partner plans and funnel activities.
- Aggressively shapes offers in pursuit of new business and/or portfolio enhancement.
- Leadership skills to manage partner's sales force.
- Develops account plans.
- Executive engagement skills.
- Deep understanding of the IT industry, competing vendors, and the channel.
- Dimensions include competitive positioning and business models.
- Deep understanding of the company's organization & operations, including key business rules, and alignment with company GBU go-to-market strategies, partner segmentation, key programs & initiatives, structure and business model.
- Deep understanding of the company's products, software, and services. Able to communicate the strengths of company's offerings relative to competition, and overcome objections.
- Effectively sells company offerings by building strategic relationships with partner senior management, principles and decision makers; aligning partner and company processes; and promoting company programs and offerings.
- Develops strategic plans with the partner to grow the size of the business and company's share.
- Partners effectively with others in the account to ensure coordinated efficient account management.
- Ability to motivate partner's sales force.
- Coordinates and directs efforts across the company's sales teams.