Develops comprehensive reports and analyzes data in order to identify patterns and trends. Assists in creating materials that aid in illustrating analytical/data findings. Assists with sophisticated data interpretation, compilation, and verification to guide departmental efforts.
***This will be an onsite position located in Columbia, SC. This position also has an incentive with the potential to earn up to an additional $4,000 annually based on meeting requirements set and advised by management.*** Required Education:
- Bachelor's or master's degree Statistics/Biostatistics, mathematics, computer science, or other job-related field
Required Work Experience:
- Bachelor's degree-Statistics/Biostatistics, mathematics, computer science, or other job-related field
Preferred Work Experience:
- Two years statistical programming or statistical interpretation using SAS
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Three years statistical programming or statistical interpretation in a healthcare/health insurance environment
- Two years relational database experience (may be concurrent)
- Two years reporting and data analysis experience
- Knowledge of ICD-10/CPT-4 coding
- Familiarity with ODS and creating macros within SAS
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Good organizational, customer service, and analytical skills
- Ability to use complex mathematical calculations
- Demonstrated knowledge of mathematical or statistical concepts
- Relevant computer programming skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in team environment as well as independently with little to no supervision
- Good oral and written communication skills
Required Software and Tools: Preferred Software and Tools:
- Computer systems support knowledge
- Knowledge of programming languages across various software platforms using DB2, SQL, and/or relational databases
- Tableau or similar data visualization tool
- Typical office environment
We participate in E-Verify and comply with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina and our subsidiary companies maintain a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in employment to promote employment opportunities for persons regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, weight, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other legally protected status. Additionally, as a federal contractor, the company maintains Affirmative Action programs to promote employment opportunities for minorities, females, disabled individuals and veterans. It is our policy to provide equal opportunities in all phases of the employment process and to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-288-2227, ext. 43172 with the nature of your request. We will make a determination regarding your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.