The Analyst II provides second-level technical client support such as, deep analysis of the operating system, dealing with system crashes, bug fixes; handles troubleshooting, packets captures, configuration, restore from back up, repair for appliances, networks, infrastructure, and other system issues; and upholds defined service level agreements (SLA) and customer service excellence. The Analyst II continues to develop a platform of technical expertise.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor and resolve second-level support requests. Escalate unresolved issues to senior team members and/or manager(s).
- Performs deep analysis of the operating system, dealing with system crashes, bug fixes; Handles troubleshooting, packets captures, configuration, restore from back up, repair for appliances, networks, infrastructure, and other system issues. Requires multiple interactions with client and/or vendor to resolve the issue.
- Perform root cause analysis and collaborate with Consultants and Analysts I to solve repetitive system performance or configuration problems.
- Provide technical knowledge transfer to clients and internal department on low complexity problems.
- Identify, record, and escalate service performance trends, anomalies, and SLA breaches to senior leadership
- Guide junior resources in the application of Sirius methodologies and the use of tools and templates to troubleshoot client requests
- Attend training sessions or shadowing activities, and obtain industry related certifications as determined by the Manager.
Data Privacy and Security:
- Security is every employee s responsibility, if you are aware of security related vulnerability or non-compliance with the Information Security Policy or Employee Handbook you must report it to the Corporate Security Team, Human Resources, or a member of Senior Management.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
MINIMUM AND/OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) or 3-year diploma in Engineering, Computer Science, or a Technology related field, plus one of the following combinations of certifications and experience:
- Holds technical certifications for at least three (3) technologies (e.g Checkpoint, Palo Alto and Cisco ASA FTD firewalls) for which Sirius provides managed security services* and
- Has at least one (1) year of IT Engineering experience in a client-focused environment, and/or working in a security operations center
- Holds technical certifications for at least two (2) technologies (e.g Checkpoint, Palo Alto and Cisco ASA FTD firewalls) for which Sirius provides managed security services* and
- Has at least two (2) years of IT Engineering experience in a client-focused environment, and/or working in security operations center
- Holds technical certifications for at least one (1) technology (e.g Checkpoint, Palo Alto and Cisco ASA FTD firewalls) for which Sirius provides managed security services* and
- Has at least four (4) years of IT Engineering experience in a client-focused environment, and/or working in security operations center
- Possession of Intermediate to advance firewall troubleshooting skills is an added advantage
* Managed Security Services certifications: Check Point: CCSA, CCSE: Cisco; CCNA-Security, CCNP Security, CCIE Security; Blue Coat: BCCPA, BCCPE; Palo Alto: ACE, PCNSE; QRadar, SANS GCIA, GCIH, QRadar CSC, Splunk, LogRhythm, or similar technology certifications
- Direct call handling/ticket management experience in a client-based support environment.
- Direct system engineering or support experience involving hardware, software and services at an enterprise level for at least one product line in the designated practice.
- Direct involvement working with internal and external teams to troubleshoot simple configuration hardware, software, and services
- Strong understanding of company products and services and IT infrastructure systems.
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge within area of specialization and continues to develop and expand technical skills.
- Ability to investigate less complex problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors from multiple IT infrastructure systems.
- Ability to establish positive working relationships and contribute to measurable team and/or organizational objectives in a consulting environment
- Ability to achieve high level of Customer Satisfaction on all engagements
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for meeting technical requirements within the context of best practices and making recommendations necessary to achieve targeted objectives
- Writes and speaks clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings
- Sets and prioritizes goals and pursues them to completion
- Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and Outlook skills
- Displays a strong sense of collaboration by ensuring that others input is gathered and discussed
- Resourceful working with disparate clients and internal departments to deliver technical services.
- Works under a minimal level of supervision.
- Uses independent judgment to provide solutions to issues.
- Provide 24x7 support coverage and work on weekends and STAT Holidays.
- General Office Activities
The above statements are intended to provide the general nature and level of work being performed by most people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements