Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
The Dell EMC Hybrid Cloud Engineering team is responsible for developing next generation solutions leveraging EMC and partner core products and platforms. We deliver systems that provide end to end solutions for IT infrastructures with a focus on Enterprise Hybrid Cloud, Big Data, and End User Compute infrastructures for our customers. We architect, develop, test and document the complete solution stack, generally comprised of but not limited to core EMC storage and data protection products, VMware, Virtustream, RSA and Pivotal as well as third party applications. We are the Converged Platforms Solution Division and formerly known as VCE.
We are looking for a Solution Architect to join our Hybrid Cloud Engineering team. You will be responsible for architecting and implementing your applications to take advantage of the benefits of the cloud, including massive scalability, data analytics, data security and governance, fault tolerance and high performance.
This opportunity sits in Hopkinton, MA or Research Triangle Park, North Carolina or Florida (within Eastern Standard Time Zone)
- Provide ongoing architectural expertise and a forward looking guidance of the Hadoop ecosystem and related technologies
- Work with Product Management to understand solution requirements and to convert requirements into software and solution architectures
- Define and document software and solution architectures in a concise and easy to understand format.
- Work with partners to architect seamless integrations of their products into our solution
- Follow technology trends and deliver forward looking architectures to guide the work of SCRUM teams (e.g. Cloud, Big Data, Converged Infrastructure, Enterprise Security, Data Modelling, IAAS, PAAS)
- Promote the solution to both external and internal customers as needed
- Assist Product Management and pre-sales as needed
- Strong written and verbal English skills
- Excellent communication skills, ability to write concise engineering documentation
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies as required
- Confident in understanding requirements, acts on initiative to deliver. Self-starter with strong teamwork abilities
- Experience building large-scale infrastructure data systems using open source technologies
- Extensive experience with hybrid cloud solutions, particularly in Big Data Analytic Hadoop ecosystems, data governance, data lineage, specifically targeting large enterprise customers.
- Experience working within a group of architects
- Experience working within an Agile/scrum framework
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
Strongly Desired Skills
- Deep understanding of the Hadoop ecosystem architecture and related technologies such as Spark, Sqoop, Hive, Oozie, YARN, Flume, MapReduce, etc.
- Familiarity with Virtualization products and solutions
- Understanding of EMC Products, Solutions and Strategy
- Understanding of Cloud Concepts and services
LINKEDIN REQUEST DCAM8
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.