Strategic Staffing Solutions is searching for a Analytics Developer / Big Data Engineer!
We are recruiting for a Fortune 500 Financial Company and YOU could be their next hire!
Not available but know someone with your similar experience….
$$ WE OFFER A REFERRAL FEE FOR ANYONE REFERRED & HIRED WITH S3! $$
Title: Analytics Developer / Big Data Engineer
Duration: Long Term
Role Type: W2
Location: Saint Louis, MO 63141
Work Schedule: 40 hours per week
How to Apply: Send resume in MS word format to, Monnisha Booker, Sourcing Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference JO# 127012.
What you will do:
• Be a critical member of a full-stack data engineering team focused on creating distributed analysis capabilities around our scientific datasets
• Think through complex scientific problems and work to solve them by applying cutting edge data engineering practices
• Collaborate closely with your engineering team colleagues and with data scientists across multiple research teams
• Take pride in software craftsmanship, diving deep into code and constantly innovating
Why you should join us:
• Work with other top level talent solving a wide range of complex and unique challenges that have real world impact
• We value the exploration of all relevant technology stacks in order to find the best fit for each dataset
• We prioritize and pursue opportunities to present our work at relevant technical conferences: https://youtu.be/6KEvLURBenM
• Our environment values your talent over a role or title. Strength of ideas trumps position on an org chart
If you share our values, you should have:
• Extensive experience with distributed systems, e.g. Mesos, Kubernetes, Spark, Hadoop, distributed databases, grid computing
• Experience with stream processing, e.g. Kafka, Spark Streaming, Akka, Flink, etc.
• Fluency in Java or Scala, or demonstrated mastery of another language with clear movement towards one of the JVM languages
• Experience data modeling for large scale databases, either relational or NoSQL
• Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems
• Experience working with scientific datasets, or a background in the application of quantitative science to business problems
Bonus points for:
• Ability to collect data by crawling the web or extracting data from an existing databases or APIs
• Advanced data processing techniques like machine learning or even statistical analysis
• Ability to build and maintain modern cloud architecture, e.g. AWS, Google Cloud, etc.
• Comfortable speaking publicly on relevant work
• Experience contributing to open source projects
• Knowledge of data science practices, to better steer our efforts to support them through the infrastructure we create
We encourage you to share with us any and all public contributions you have made in the form of conference presentations, community forums (e.g. Stack Overflow, GitHub, etc.), or open source projects and code samples.
The S3 Difference
The global mission of S3 is to build trusting relationships and deliver solutions that positively impact our customers, our consultants, and our communities. The four pillars of our company are to:
· Set the bar high for what a company should do
· Create jobs
· Offer people an opportunity to succeed and change their station in life
· Improve the communities where we live and work through volunteering and charitable giving
As an S3 employee, you’re eligible for a full benefits package that may include:
· Medical Insurance
· Dental Insurance
· Vision Insurance
· 401(k) Plan
· Vacation Package
· Life & Disability Insurance Plans
· Flexible Spending Accounts
· Tuition Reimbursement
8000 West Interstate 10, Ste 2900 San Antonio, TX, 78230