Title: Android Developer (Kotlin)
Duration: 6 Months + Potential Extension
Work Mode: This role can be remote but would prefer Austin/Scottsdale or Chicago region
Business Objectives: The main function of an Android developer is to work with engineers to develop and maintain high quality mobile applications utilizing Android software. They will collaborate with internal teams to develop functional mobile applications, while working in a fast-paced environment.
Top three required technical skills:
- Coding in Java
- Third party libraries and APIs
- 3 OOP Design
- Strong problem-solving skills
- 5+ years experience in Android Development
- Good communication skills and ability to work closely with others in your team as well as other external teams
- Have a driven attitude and willing to take ownership of the work while mentoring junior team members of your team
- Experience developing, maintaining, and innovating large scale, framework or customer-facing mobile applications
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in Computer Science or relevant or equivalent work experience
- Strong understanding of testing best practices and familiarity with at least one testing framework for Android
- Strong Kotlin and Java skills
- Experience in open-source and commercial libraries commonly used in the Android ecosystem
- Experience in complex or dynamic layouts in Android with localization and internationalization.
- A deep understanding of modern Android architectural components and lifecycle management
- Familiarity with REST based services
- Knowledge of multi-threaded, asynchronous code
- Knowledge of design patterns such as MVVM and MVI
- Skilled in writing Unit and Automation tests
- Stay current with the newest mobile technologies; research new technologies and make recommendations on implementations
- Daily standard, coding, adding new features and defects. Possibly some app releases.
Nice to Have: Extensive knowledge of processes around app release; open-source and commercial libraries; automation testing.