This role will entail designing, documenting, and developing our digital UI driven strategies that are focused on a wide range of Schwab's mobile products. This role will maintain a strong understanding of mobile development with a focus on UI. The successful candidate will be adept at creating custom experiences on mobile platforms while maintaining continuous support of multiple form factors. Strong collaboration skills working with QA, Design, Product, and Technology are required. What you are good at
What you have
- Prepare specifications, design, develop and support mobile applications and prepare documentation per Schwab mobile best practices.
- Assess and optimize designs through review, evaluation tools and analysis to ensure appropriate user experiences for phones and tablets and other mobile form factors.
- Create and perform automated UI and unit testing for the spectrum of mobile devices.
- Build native mobile apps, support the mobile systems in production and resolve and troubleshoot technical problems.
- Prepare documentation for new development work while maintaining Schwab development standards.
- Must have a depth of knowledge in the mobile language (Java/Kotlin) and ability to ramp up on new languages quickly.
- Depth of experience with Android frameworks and SDK's. Ability to develop compelling user experiences while meeting the needs of the mobile users.
Why work for us?
- 5+ years of native Android development.
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge of Java or Kotlin programming language (Kotlin preferred).
- Experience writing automated UI and unit tests using Android Studio.
- Knowledge of design systems.
- Experience writing custom UI Views.
- Understanding of multiple Architectures.
- CI/CD Experience.
- Experience with writing/consuming libraries
- Experience with Jetpack libraries (Compose experience preferred)
- Gradle and maven experience
- Understanding of technical issues, designs, and best practices
- Great interpersonal and communication skills Enterprise development experience highly desirable
- Strong analytic, problem-solving, prioritization, decision- making and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at or call .
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.