Position: Sr Android Developer -Open Position-TX
Duration: 12- months
Location: Austin, TX (Hybrid work (2days a week from location)
The role is a self-organized Android Software Engineer with solid mobile or full stack development experience. In this position, you are first and foremost a passionate and talented developer that can work in a dynamic environment as a member of Agile Scrum teams. Your strong technical leadership, problem-solving abilities, coding, testing and debugging skills is just a start. You must be dedicated to filling product backlog and delivering production-ready code. You must be willing to go beyond the routine and prepared to do a little bit of everything.
This position is based in Austin, TX, and will report to a Director of Software Engineering.
• Develop next generation mobile payment applications; write solid code following best development practices.
• Work as a part of scrum team executing the products requirements working with UX, product management and other teams in an agile manner.
• Provide subject matter expertise for Android platform.
• Develop mobile framework and UI based on best practices.
• Execute POCs for visionary initiatives.
• Work independently and provide guidance to junior developers.
- 5 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 3 year of experience after your Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- Experience in Android technologies - Kotlin, Java, Android Studio, mobile architecture and MVVM design pattern.
- 5 or more years of work experience or more than 3 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
BS degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or other related fields with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Android application development
- Expertise in Android technologies - Kotlin, Java, Android Studio, mobile architecture and MVVM design pattern.
- Passion for user experience and knowledge of Android Application Patterns as per the Android Development Guidelines
- Experience in creating apps that consume RESTful APIs are required.
- Solid understanding of APIs, Service oriented architecture with good exposure on server side technologies including Java, MySQL, TomCat, Kubernetes, or similar technologies. Experiences with creating and implementing RESTful API's are preferred.
- Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for mobile platform.
- Solid coding practices including good design documentation, unit testing, GIT source control and peer code-reviews
- Knowledge of Android OWASP security practices.
- Experience with Android development tools (Android Studio, Gradle build etc).
- Experience with DevOps practices and technologies such as Jenkins and SonarQube.
- Very good understanding in all phases of SDLC, security requirements, multi-tier application development with hardware interaction, deep understanding of network protocols, test driven development, SDK development - maintenance and support.
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments in an environment that require multitasking among concurrent projects.
- Ability to convey development concepts related to network, application, and systems - to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability and desire to learn new skills and take on new initiatives.
- Proven ability to work and have fun in a team environment.
<> Please do reply to me with your updated resume with the hourly rates ASAP>