Kforce has a client that is seeking an Android Developer to join its scrappy team of mobile engineers that develop and maintain the suite of products across iPhone, Android, and related technology platforms in San Diego, CA.
We are agile and work closely with each other, with design and with our product teams to create full applications. Every engineer is expected to take on the full range of mobile development, from UI on down to networking by way of audio and video playback. Our engineers all have strong problem-solving skills and an eagerness to learn, to grow, and to influence our products. We are open, honest, and respectful-not just because it's right, but because it makes us better at what we do.
* You will own, develop and maintain our Video and Studio Android applications
* You will work closely with a small team of designers, back end engineers, and QA
* You are expected to have opinions (and express them) about product, product features and product direction
* You will gather requirements and implement to those requirements
* You will work with QA to make sure your stuff works the way you say it does and the way you want it to
* You will work with product teams to make sure your stuff works the way they want it to
* 2+ years of Android development experience
* An ability to gather requirements in a dynamic and fluid environment
* A desire to fail fast and correct quickly
* Strong communication, we're too lean to not talk with each other
* Ability to self-direct, we're too lean to micro-manage
* An ability to dive into a complex (yes, even buggy) system to maintain code you didn't write
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.