iStaff has a client in Irving, TX that is seeking an experienced Android Developer. This is a Contract to Hire opportunity that is expected to convert after 3-6 months. 1 work from home day permitted per week.
- Analysis, design, coding, implementation and support of customer facing mobile(Android) application using Kotlin.
- Prepare high quality documentation pertaining to business and technical requirement
- Participates on project teams, supporting business and IT stakeholder requests.
- Proactively monitors and identifies opportunities for improvement on production platforms.
- Work within an agile development environment.
- Apply knowledge of software best practices like test driven development (TDD) and continuous integration
- Regular and timely attendance
- Mobile (Android) developer who is a master of development tools and development environments required to deliver quality apps.
- Experience doing Android App Development with Kotlin
- Familiarity with Java
- Broad experience of developing user interfaces, working with UX/UI designers
- Experience with unit testing Android applications
- Create prototypes of new technologies across Android devices (phone and tablets)
- End-to-end Android application development
- Experience with offline storage, threading and performance tuning
- Comfortable with integration to RESTful APIs
- Ability to work in an Agile /SCRUM environment.
- Familiarity with frameworks such as React Native, Angular and Ionic
- 1+ years of experience with Kotlin
- 3+ years of experience with Java and Android frameworks
- At least 5 years of experience in working on the full SDLC
- At least 2+ year experience with git version control
- Familiarity with Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Other cloud platforms. (willingness to learn/work with Azure required)
- Four year college degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics or Information Technology; advanced degrees or thesis preferred