As an Android Developer, will work as part of the UX/UI & Mobile competency center to design and build the next generation of mobile applications. You will work closely with the solution architect to create native apps from scratch.
- We have an amazing culture – We were named ‘Best Places to Work in VA’ in 2016 & 2017
- We are poised for rapid growth – We are on the cutting edge of digital transformation in healthcare, education and finance and continuously welcoming new clients to the xScion family.
- We believe in your continuous development – We invest in our teams’ development, paying for certifications and trainings to improve their skills because we are committed to being the best at what we do.
- You’ll work with the best – We hire great people. Period.
- And because we truly care about you and our clients. - We are run by real people for real people, creating flexibility, balance, respect and fun in the workplace.
As an Android Developer, You Will:
- Design and build applications for the Android platform
- Ensure the performance, security, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Work with Agile methodologies
To Be Successful, You Need:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related technical field preferred
- 5+ years of quality Java/Android development experience with Java, Android SDK, Android Studio, Android UI, Git, Bitbucket
- Experience building Android apps and publishing to the Play store
- 3+ years of experience with consuming external RESTful APIs
- UX/UI experience
- Experience with offline storage, data encryption, threading, and performance tuning
- Experience with Oauth2
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently or as part of a team;
- Experience in a fast-paced software environment, and an ability to execute against aggressive timelines
We Offer Great Benefits:
We not only offer standard benefits like great medical, dental, 401k match, Flex Spending and more, but we also offer unique perks such as 26 days off a year (including your birthday!), company events, games, and many other things that inspire balance and flexibility.
We’re Transforming Businesses:
xScion is a Virginia-based, woman-owned Information Technology consulting firm that solves critical business problems for Healthcare, Financial Services and Education enterprises nationwide. xScion’s SMARTã Enterprise Solutions include Strategy, Data and Delivery services that help clients achieve organizational breakthroughs in less time, with greater precision.
Want to Learn More about xScion?
Check us at out on www.xscion.com or socially at LinkedIn, Twitter and Glassdoor
At xScion, we celebrate diversity in all forms. xScion is an Equal Opportunity Employer- Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.