Location: Manhattan (Midtown), NY
Relocation Expense: Yes, client will provide relocation expense immediately
VISA: Candidates who do NOT need sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
In the Role:
The Android Developer is responsible for the development and maintenance of native mobile code. This person will use their knowledge of mobile development and hardware capabilities to create a seamless and user-friendly mobile app. The app will be used by daily consumers worldwide for their public commute. The ideal Developer will have strong experience building consumer based apps and is able to work within a team while sharing ideas in order to better consumer experience of using the app on a day to day basis.
Skill Set: - Minimum 5-8 years developing consumer applications and architectural responsibilities
- Minimum 4 years native Android app development
- Strong experience with either or both Java and Kotlin
- Experience developing with Firebase
- Experience communicating with secure JSON-based REST APIs
- Work efficiently with version control and workflows (git and gitflow)
- Knowledge of design and UX principles for mobile interfaces
- Experience using automated testing frameworks for Android based applications
- Experience with mobile hardware SDK like camera, accelerometer, GPS, etc.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with JIRA
- Experience in writing and understanding user stories
- Basic understanding of iOS platform a huge plus