On any given day, every moment matters to someone, somewhere. And every moment, Motorola Solutions’ innovations, products and services play essential roles in people’s lives. We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. We keep utility workers connected and visible to each other with real-time voice and data communication across the smart grid. And we provide the situational awareness first responders need when a moment brings catastrophe. We help people be their best in their moments that matter.
Motorola Solutions, Inc is reinventing itself to provide smart work group communication solutions by investing in building an application ecosystem for public safety and other vertical markets. As part of this transformation, Motorola Solutions has a mobile apps innovation hub in downtown Chicago to ideate, design, develop and quickly deploy an app ecosystem that brings the critical information to users in many important markets. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DONetk72GI4). The stand-alone company Motorola Solutions was created in 2011 to focus exclusively on the business-to-government and business-to-business market segments, providing communication and intelligence solutions to markets such as public safety, utilities, energy, transportation, manufacturing, and other commercial and industrial customers. We aspire to help our customers be their best in the “moments that matter”.
We are looking for an experienced Android development lead who is passionate and proactive about transforming public safety solutions to meet the increasing challenges of today's complex world.
- Responsible for managing development and shipment of Android mobile applications for public safety under demanding timelines.
- Hands-on Android position where responsibilities will include business requirements analysis, technical design discussions, testing, and working with key strategic partners. This is not a task-based job; you will be responsible for the delivery and success of the applications you are managing.
- Oversee all aspects of app development including analyzing business requirements, negotiating scope, defining functional requirements, developing timelines, and managing resource needs.
- Manage communication apprising status and issues to team members, management and other project stakeholders.
- Develop, manage, and execute project plans, defining scope, schedule, risk, deliverables and resources.
- Highly accountable and responsible. Self-starting, self-motivated, self-directed, and self-sufficient
- Deep understanding and experience with Android app development.
- Deep understanding of common Agile practices. Professional scrum master role experience is a plus.
- Must be able to grasp issues quickly and while factoring in technical dependencies and system limitations, make educated decisions in the absence of complete information.
- Good communication and presentation skills (written and verbal).
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills - both business facing and engineering.
- Ability to guide & mentor other engineers.
BS/MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or equivalent degree) or relevant work experience required.
5+ years of relevant industry experience, hands-on Android experience and deep understanding and experience with Android app development.