Job Duties and Skills:
· Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
· Executes Mobile Engineering projects
· Participates in the discovery phase of small to medium size Mobile Engineering projects
· Participates in peer code reviews and team development
· Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
· Provides mobile engineering support to the business
· Troubleshoots business and production issues for mobile device
Minimum Education and Experience required:
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 5 years of experience building scalable e-commerce applications or mobile software
Minimum Skills required:
· Experience with mobile software development using Java.
· Experience using distributed source code version control systems (Git/Github)
· Experience with the agile methodology Scrum
· Experience with development of mobile network clients using HTTP protocol, REST APIs and Google Cloud Messaging
· Experience with Google Play APIs: Maps, Location, and Cloud Messaging
· Experience with software debugging techniques (debuggers, loggers, crash report tools)
· Experience with analysis of memory issues such as memory leaks using memory analyzers tools (DDMS, MAT)
· Experience with embedded real-time systems with limited resources (memory and processing)
· Experience with Android software development
· Experience in design patterns, MVC, data structures and algorithms.
· Experience in unit and integration testing Android code.
· Published Android application is required.
Additional Job Details
Nice to have:
· Experience with Kotlin
· Knowledge of Reactive Programming