Mobile App Developer – Android
Remote working from the United States, during EST and CST hours.
Are you excited about trying new solutions? Embrace a culture of trust and complete transparency where free thought is promoted? Join us at Fortune Brands Home and Security!
About the job
- Responsible for following and implementing software architecture and design of Android mobile apps related to IoT connected products and other business needs.
- Capable of understanding consumer needs, the key drivers and measures of success for the business, and the short and long-term direction of the business and technology.
- Collaborates with UX team members to leverage learnings from user research and usability testing results to produce useful software and products.
- Leverage the latest technologies, tools, and frameworks to create industry leading consumer experiences that make our products a delight to own and use.
- Participate in Code Reviews.
- Collaborate with lead architect to ensure components fit and build onto the existing platform.
- Drive modularization and reusable components to increase time to market.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related discipline is required. Additional years of related experience may offset the degree requirement.
- Must have knowledge of Android mobile application development including Kotlin and/or Swift experience to include both frontend and backend experience.
- Appreciation of the development of mobile applications that utilize cloud services (AWS preferred) and how design models impact ongoing cloud cost.
- Knowledge of source code management using version control and code deployment.
- Knowledge of software architecture including experience with offline data storage, cloud synchronization, and mobile app trends and practices.
- Knowledge in the following technical areas is considered a plus, but not required:
- AWS Cloud Services: (AWS IOT, Lambda, Dynamo DB, Cognito)
- Development and implementation experience with Amazon Alexa or the Google Assistant smart home speakers
- Understanding of structured analysis, design, programming techniques, and change management
- Ability to work effectively on project teams as a participant.
- Readily picks up and applies new concepts, tools, or technologies to all job activities and specific project assignments.
- Communicates effectively, both oral and written, with product development engineers, user experience professionals, quality assurance groups, and senior leadership.
- Proficient documenting designs and interfaces to facilitate collaborative software development across disciplines and sites.
Fortune Brands' Global Plumbing Group (GPG) is a multi-brand plumbing business that is inspiring people by designing beautiful experiences with water. GPG's trusted brands include Moen and the House of Rohl portfolio. We welcome you to visit the Moen.com and HouseofRohl.com websites to learn more about us and why we are a top workplace.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Fortune Brands' GPG is an equal opportunity employer. GPG evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Fortune Brands' GPG is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information