The Android Mobile App Developer spearhead’s company mobile banking initiatives as a lead Android App developer. In this role, the incumbent will enhance the company’s existing mobile banking app experience by incorporating responsive design and developing Android apps and modules for all Android devices that integrate with its existing digital banking platform. This individual must possess strong UI design and programming skills specific to mobile development as well as seasoned experience in general application and web development. This includes concerted responsibilities in the full development life cycle (planning, requirements gathering, design & development, testing, and deployment) of new mobile application initiatives as well as enhancements to existing applications. Functions include gathering requirements and translating those requirements into simple mobile solutions, designing mobile user interfaces and enhancing the mobile user experience.
- Works closely with IT peers and other internal departments to deliver state-of-the art and leading edge mobile apps and a responsive web experience.
- Leads the development and implementation of various new mobile initiatives through interaction with business units, understanding of business objectives, research, careful project planning, programming and coding, testing, training, and preparing necessary documentation.
- Extends the credit union’s existing mobile banking web and apps by utilizing the Architect SDK with its digital banking platform. Integrates third party products and services into company mobile channels.
- Creates compelling mobile device specific user interfaces and experiences and optimizes performance for the apps.
- Collaborates with end users to develop functional requirements, create, test, and rapidly modify prototype applications as necessary to meet project requirements.
- Works with third party solution providers to assist with the implementation of new and enhancements of existing mobile services.
- Responds to alerts during and after business hours relating to service outage and or latency issues with the company website, Online and Mobile Banking. Escalates issues and engages appropriate internal and external resources third party providers until resolution.
- Performs quality assurance and testing of new apps and modules. When needed coordinates testing teams and clearly documents results. Takes correction action on issues including working with internal resources and third party providers for resolution.
- Executes full regression and quality assurance (QA) testing on all coding to ensure error and bug free prior to launch. Quickly resolves issues and correct system bugs identified by self-testing or as reported by QA and during all testing cycles.
- Provides support to all the credit union’s mobile and web applications and back up to other IT development staff as needed.
- Keeps current on technology trends and skillset relating to programming, web and mobile technologies through approved training programs, webinars, seminars and other self-improvement avenues.
- Provides timely and accurate status reports regarding projects and general work.
Physical Requirements: (Including lifting, sitting, walking, bending, reaching and squatting % of time in each function)
- Indoor office environment. ½ height partitions, no door. Standing 10%, walking 20%, and sitting 70%. Lift up to 30 pounds, up to 3 hours per month. Some carrying, bending, reaching, kneeling/squatting involved. Frequent use of stairs.
- Seasoned programmer with 5 years application development experience with 3 years concentrated work in mobile development. Demonstrated experience building apps using the Android SDK, Firebase.
- Strong UI design skills, developing to the Bootstrap framework and responsive design.
- Solid background building native, hybrid and wrapper apps.
- Familiar with related mobile development disciplines including HTML5, CSS3, Objective-C, C++, C#, .NET, JavaScipt, JQuery, Ajax, Java and knowledge of SQL and Oracle databases, PHP frameworks, SVN version control, and third party API’s.
- Strong understanding and familiarity with Android SDK tools and working in an Android development environment (Eclipse/IntelliJ)
- Experience in web service integration (SOAP, REST, JSON)
- Proficient with secure code practices (encryption, SSL, etc.) and knowledge dealing with sensitive data.
- Analytical, organizational and communications skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- B.S./B.A. Degree (equivalent or higher) relating to computer science or information technology. Masters a plus.
- Ability to quickly grasp new tools, applications and third party proprietary specifications. Strong technical problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of web content management systems such as SiteFinity and collaboration tools such as SharePoint.