TechStar Group is a niche Product Development, Business Solutions, and Global IT Services firm based in Dallas, TX. At TechStar, we help drive customer success by leveraging our deep expertise in IT Solutions and Business Process improvements to enable our clients to achieve their organizational objectives.
Founded in 2002, TechStar Group has grown to become a solutions and implementation partner of choice to multiple Fortune 500 companies. Headquartered in Dallas, TX, TechStar currently has offices and delivery locations throughout the US and India.
Job Title: Android developer
Location: Basking Ridge, NJ 07920
Duration: 6+ Months
About the opportunity:
Native App Android developer, responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a vast number of diverse Android devices.
• Development of Android applications and their integration with back-end micro services
• Will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure.
• Commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automation
- Meet project timelines working with geographically diversified team
- Experience with Android development, and strong knowledge of Android Studio, Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git/Stash
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Familiarity with Spring Cloud
- Familiarity with build tools such as Gradle, Ant and Maven
What we offer:
At TechStar, we are always seeking high-performers who are at the forefront of technology. We provide competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package and access to challenging opportunities that facilitate personal and professional growth.
Learn more about us at: www.techstargroup.com
C: 972 591 8719