CI-CD engineering role focused on modernizing existing delivery pipelines. This individual will be jointly responsible for the definition, engineering and operationalization of new CI-CD pipelines that will be leveraged by multiple software delivery teams. This role requires working with engineering and software delivery teams, and subject matter experts to understand pipeline requirements and communicate newly curated patterns. Once new patterns are realized, work with teams on migration of existing pipelines.
The role is a senior app developer. Strong coding and design/development skills are a must. This is not a system admin /tool admin position. This is a programmer position, (not a system admin position for Jenkins and other CI/CD tools. Can be located in Bloomfield, CT or Lafayette, LA.
FUTURE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop CI/CD Pipeline library – declarative & scripted for steady state, adoption & support and enhancements
• Develop modules supporting the library that are reusable, multi-lingual, portable to most public clouds
• Build Pipeline adoptions for standard patterns like AWS static content pattern, touchless requirements
• One strong programming language like Java, Go, Python
• CI-CD concepts and implementation - build automation, build pipelines, deployment automation, etc.
• Understanding of public cloud with respect to CI/CD pipelines
• Git source control and management
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE
• Have experience with DevOps methodologies and Infrastructure as Code: AWS environment and application automation utilizing Terraform and third-party tools
• Self- starter, Go-getter, Triage and troubleshooting skills
• In-depth understanding of software development best practices and built-in quality
• Ability to interpret and write source code
• Management of infrastructure assets (networks, servers, operating systems, DBs)
• Familiarity with software packing tools
• Familiarity with version control tools (GitLab, GitHub)
• Familiarity with Git Flow
• Management of cloud providers (AWS)
• Familiarity with security/vulnerability tools
• Familiarity with code coverage analytical tools
• Familiarity with monitoring and alerting tools
• Strong communication skills (i.e. documentation, and presentations)
• Ability to work with distributed/remote teams
• Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
• Ability to focus and prioritize work
• Ability to work with many stakeholders
Mindlance is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of – Minority/Gender/Disability/Religion/LGBTQI/Age/Veterans.